Team-BHP - SEAS Lotus SQ Monster - 2007 Honda CR-V
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   SEAS Lotus SQ Monster - 2007 Honda CR-V (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/27168-seas-lotus-sq-monster-2007-honda-cr-v-9.html)

phew! I was gonna post pix of gas cutter:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 531856)
How would you access the nut on the rear, of the (for example) lowermost corner allen bolt?

In roadside garages, usually through child-labour. Completely illegal, of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 531231)
I agree to you Raghu.

Here is a pic of Midbass installed in my car. I use allen bolt of 2.5 inch length with nut not just self tapping screws which get loose after some time.

the black circle shows the screw which is used to just hold the wooden spacer ring on the door frame. After that the allen bolts are used which is passed through the midbass then the wooden ring and finally the door metal frame. when these 4 bolts are tighten they firmly hold the midbass in place and any vibration can allow the speaker to vibrate..

Also these allen bolts have a small head which gets allocated in the midbass nicely..

lbm,

didnt quite understand what you saying. :) any vibe can allow the speaker to vibrate? what vibrations paaji and why would the speaker vibrate? confusion confusion lol clear it up.

i hate allen nuts. i had a really bad experience when a nut broke while replacing a flat tire. half the nut came out and half got stuck. had to get them out by welding.

no offence
cheers
clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 532392)
didnt quite understand what you saying. :) any vibe can allow the speaker to vibrate? what vibrations paaji and why would the speaker vibrate? confusion confusion lol clear it up.

i hate allen nuts. i had a really bad experience when a nut broke while replacing a flat tire. half the nut came out and half got stuck. had to get them out by welding.

Sir first how does a speaker produce sound. By vibrating na, so when a speaker is producing sound it must be vibrating and it will cause vibrations also the vehicle is driven on the road and there are many potholes on the road which also cause the vibration. Thus every thing is vibrating which can cause screws to get loose...

You hate allen nuts that is ok, but the one I have used are quite soild, they have nearly 3-4 times more tensile strength than a normal Mild steel bolt. I know that this much is not required here but I wanted the best for the install..

Look I have used the allen bolt on the amp rack also..

O K,,, thanx for that,,,
I always use to wonder how yours got loose :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 532433)
Thus every thing is vibrating which can cause screws to get loose...

WoW! What are we speaking about nuts and screws here??? :Shockked:

I think this thread has shown it's car, equipment and install in a very nice explaining way.
Why just spoil it with all the unnecessary blah blahs and funny pictures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driven (Post 532475)
O K,,, thanx for that,,,
I always use to wonder how yours got loose :p

come on guys! Please chill!

Quote:

LBM, you could have used better wire though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 532808)

:Shockked: the phantom sees it all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 532808)

Navin Ji have changed the wires. This is a old pic. and let us dicuss the same in my own thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...makker-52.html

@gunbir/autophile: I have a little question here.

What about ventilation for the amps? Is the top cut out big enough to let in a good amount of air for ventilation?
I suppose that the amps would generate a lot of heat when played hard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz (Post 533290)
@gunbir/autophile: I have a little question here.

What about ventilation for the amps? Is the top cut out big enough to let in a good amount of air for ventilation?
I suppose that the amps would generate a lot of heat when played hard!

Good question... here's how it works.

Quote:

Sir first how does a speaker produce sound. By vibrating na, so when a speaker is producing sound it must be vibrating and it will cause vibrations also the vehicle is driven on the road and there are many potholes on the road which also cause the vibration. Thus every thing is vibrating which can cause screws to get loose...

You hate allen nuts that is ok, but the one I have used are quite soild, they have nearly 3-4 times more tensile strength than a normal Mild steel bolt. I know that this much is not required here but I wanted the best for the install..

oh sirjii, i know how a speaker works. you are talkng about the cone movement but i was referring to the speaker assembly(the whole speaker) vibrating.

(when these 4 bolts are tighten they firmly hold the midbass in place and any vibration can allow the speaker to vibrate..)

dont you think it should be cant instead of can? or am i missing something?

from what i understand, you meant that by tightening the mid bass driver using nuts and bolts the vibes caused by external elements dont have any effect on the driver(the speaker does not vibrate that is)

anyway, lets not go ot now.

cheers
clip

Aah, thats a nice cooling system

but then, dont you think that there should be a provision for another fan to throw in cool air into the box? or have you made holes on the side?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz (Post 533616)
Aah, thats a nice cooling system

but then, dont you think that there should be a provision for another fan to throw in cool air into the box? or have you made holes on the side?

The amplifier rack is not closed. Its open towards the subwoofer box.