Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 12:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

blue.....come on! break the suspense.....which HU?
Old 9th August 2007, 12:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
I have one question though, Understand the idea about saving space, however both the subs are placed on one side, Does that affect the overall sound quality?
Well any change in acoustics will affect the sound quality, but that does not mean that SQ reduces or anything, this setup sounds as good as any setup with 2 10" subs on either sides, and at the end of the day it all boils down to how it's fitted and tuned in almost any setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
blue.....come on! break the suspense.....which HU?
Okay, Its a JVC KW-AVX800 Double DIN DVD/CD Receiver

Personally I am not a fan of JVC, cos I feel a Pioneer/Alpine player could have sounded better , but it's not a heaven and Hell difference. But, still I cannot really visualise a SQ setup yet with JVC. The player came with the car b4 install, but Anwar also would have prefered a better player.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Okay, Its a JVC KW-AVX800 Double DIN DVD/CD Receiver Personally I am not a fan of JVC, cos I feel a Pioneer/Alpine player could have sounded better , but it's not a heaven and Hell difference. But, still I cannot really visualise a SQ setup yet with JVC. The player came with the car b4 install, but Anwar also would have prefered a better player.
Actually, the AVX-800 is a great sounding unit. And we have had good experiences with their other DVD units too.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:53   #19
BHPian

@blue,
Is that rear shelf made of GRP?
How is the imaging of rear speakers facing each other compared to rear speakers facing to the front?
I am asking this 'cause I already have made the speaker rings to raise the ht of rear 6x9 in my Alto and plan to do GRP lamination over that. But still not decided whether to keep it facing towards front, up or facing each other.
Old 9th August 2007, 17:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Personally I am not a fan of JVC, cos I feel a Pioneer/Alpine player could have sounded better , but it's not a heaven and Hell difference. But, still I cannot really visualise a SQ setup yet with JVC. The player came with the car b4 install, but Anwar also would have prefered a better player.
I have the same HU in my Civic and I'm very happy with the performance. What I'm not at all happy with are the Polk Momos, which i had installed earlier. The comps are too bright and the co-axials are far from impressive. Anyways, they'll be changed soon, almost certainly with the Hertz HSK, or else the Focal Polyglass.
Old 9th August 2007, 17:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
the Focal Polyglass.
The focals are also said to be bright, but do audition them before installing them...
Old 9th August 2007, 17:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Actually, the AVX-800 is a great sounding unit. And we have had good experiences with their other DVD units too.
I had once heard an AVX800 tuned by Anwar with a JBL system having GTO series amps, did not like it that much, cos have heard tonnes of JBL setup still then and quite a lot of them sounded better, anyhow, since you saying its impressive have to try it myself with some other stuff maybe.

Quote:
I have the same HU in my Civic and I'm very happy with the performance. What I'm not at all happy with are the Polk Momos, which i had installed earlier. The comps are too bright and the co-axials are far from impressive. Anyways, they'll be changed soon, almost certainly with the Hertz HSK, or else the Focal Polyglass.
If you don't like bright sound, then maybe you should look at Rockford Punch series compos and for that matter I had heard a set of some 16k Nakamichi component speakers which sounded very very clean too.

Last edited by ported_head : 9th August 2007 at 18:26.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The focals are also said to be bright, but do audition them before installing them...
Yup. I will. I think fabric dome tweeters will best suit my taste. Have to look at the best possible options now.
Old 9th August 2007, 19:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup. I will. I think fabric dome tweeters will best suit my taste. Have to look at the best possible options now.
Illusion Luccent has a Fabric Dome tweeter and it does not cost a bomb..only 11.5k
Old 9th August 2007, 20:59   #25
BHPian

lbm,,,you get comission on Ilusion audio sale or what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Illusion Luccent has a Fabric Dome tweeter and it does not cost a bomb..only 11.5k
Old 9th August 2007, 21:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
lbm,,,you get comission on Ilusion audio sale or what???
yes on illusion audio, steg and dls. p kidding lbm.

but on the serious note(no offence bro) you seem to only suggest ilusion or dls for speakers depending on budget steg qmos or k series for amps.

i know they are one of the best audio equipment manufacturers but lbm there are many other brands as well. i know you have these in your car and you are satisfied so you suggest the same. but to be honest, your suggestions look like ads.:-) again no offence

this post is not meant to flame you or degrade you in any way. its all in my opinion
cheers
clipo
Old 9th August 2007, 23:16   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
yes on illusion audio, steg and dls. p kidding lbm.
clip, there are somee who are sold on Hertz and Audison, some who are sold on Illusion and Steg etc... no harm as long as they do not represent the product and the recomendations are done with a grain of salt and are not proxy.
Old 9th August 2007, 23:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The logic is that 6X9s will not be producing the lows which come from the subs, they are always tuned for mids and highs with any subwoofer setup whether Anwar tunes or I tune.

well was wondering that normal round speakers should suffice when you have a sub or whether 6x9's still have a place in a setup with a sub
Old 9th August 2007, 23:57   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
well was wondering that normal round speakers should suffice when you have a sub or whether 6x9's still have a place in a setup with a sub
When you have a sub, normal round speakers should suffice, yes.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Aaah! regarding that, this car was built to be a demo car for a showroom, hence the showcase of products, no demo car can go without 6X9s , that stuff sells a lot.

The bass in this one is super tight, you have to hear it man! sounds real nice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks