Team-BHP - Simple Space Saver Install for a WagonR
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Simple Space Saver Install for a WagonR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/27665-simple-space-saver-install-wagonr.html)

There has been a sudeen huge surge in Wagon R sales lately, and lot of them are Factory LPG fitted, hence the Stepney is above the gas tank in the boot itself which makes a rear speaker in a box install impossible. The other option is a plank, but unlike the Santro this car has no stock parcel tray and even if we make one it eats up the boot space and getting the stepney out also becomes a huge struggle, which in turn may make the car owner feel like pelting stones at the installer every time there is a puncture. :)
Below is an install which solves that problem at least. The rear speakers are installed in a custom MDF and board mounting which sits on top of the rear quarter glass. Serves the purpose and saves some space too without being visible from outside.
Snaps below illustrates more,

Larger view from the rear with the hatch open

Front Doors also need some cutting and custom fitting to acomodate component Speakers.
( Why does'nt maruti just make stock speaker locations for the Wagon R doors, saves all this work )

Process Involved in cutting the Doorpads and fitting MDF Speaker Mount.

1)Measurement

2)Cutting the Storage compartment and measurement of rear hole to be cut

3)Cutting hole on the doorpad to acomodate Speaker Mount

4)Placing the Spacer and making adjustments and slight shaves as needed.

5)Value for Money padding behind the Doorpad

The Above is necessary as the component speakers produce some strong mids which introduce jarring, also nothing like Damping mats if they can be used.

The mounting of the rear speakers create a surround effect for the driver & front passenger.
Smaller speakers can also be mounted instead of a 6X9, since a Wagon R has enough space for a 6X9.
Cheers.

How i wish that was my WagonR! ;)

Satya I must say this install is truly creative.

Installing the rear speakers on the quarter glass, well my friend was mighty impressed with the other install too.Thanks :) .

Thats a well planned and a great setup, i remember my friend had the speakers on the back door of the wagon R, used to give a jarring sound from the outside.

So the quarter panel with mdf is a seal box?

Innovative it is. I still cant find a good installer at Tvm who can cut and fix a compo for my Xing.

All the wagonR owners must thank blueraven for posting this creative idea. Saves a lot of WagonR owners from the hardship of boot space limitation. I have always wondered where can I fix my rear speakers, and I finally had to fit custom parcel tray which ate up my boot space. That is really an innovative idea.

Blueraven, It would be nice if you post the details of the decor shop where this can be done. Thank you so much for the post.:Cheering:

wow neat install and good idea for saving space keep it up blueraven

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp (Post 534456)
Blueraven, It would be nice if you post the details of the decor shop where this can be done. Thank you so much for the post.:Cheering:

Thank you for your compliments.:) We ourselves get these custom built and carry out the installation.

Nice install, Blueraven!

The most practical (and best) solution I've seen so far for the WagonR. (The car in its stock form is cursed with lack of space and stock locations for wimpy speakers only).

While it's nicely done and convenient, I pity the rear passengers.
Bravo, nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 534527)
While it's nicely done and convenient, I pity the rear passengers.
Bravo, nonetheless.

Yep, can get pretty loud for the rear passengers for people who love to blast it.

Mind posting a pic of the back quarter glass from OUTSIDE?

Great going BlueRaven

As HydraShock said, its one of the most ICE unfriendly cars around. Even the Zen Estilo is better, having provision for speakers on all four doors. :Frustrati

But your work is very innovative and commendable.

Keep it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 534455)
So the quarter panel with mdf is a seal box?

Yup it's a sealed box. Auto Fusion prefer's sealed boxes for even 6X9's in hatches. Even for Alto he has placed them in sealed boxes. Although you lose the space on the side it's better than a parcel shelf as it still allows you to keep suitcases in between with no parcel shelf.

Anwar has done a very nice install for my friends wagonR with the 6X9's in the hatch door. The hatch door is heavily padded and there is no loss in boot space at all.

The advantage is that the 6X9 is below in the hatch door so it's not too bright as it's firing to the rear seat back, and the soundstage is still to the front with bass from the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 534594)
Yup it's a sealed box. Auto Fusion prefer's sealed boxes for even 6X9's in hatches. Even for Alto he has placed them in sealed boxes. Although you lose the space on the side it's better than a parcel shelf as it still allows you to keep suitcases in between with no parcel shelf.

Actually it's not a sealed box, and this one is unlike most of the threads I put up,
This was not installed by Anwar. ;)
The guys who did it work part time for me, with a little guidance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 534559)
Mind posting a pic of the back quarter glass from OUTSIDE?

Hmm, I forgot to take snaps of that for both the installs, :Frustrati
Anyways, it looks like a very dark tinted glass from outside as it's lined from inside with Black Carpet in the shape of the glass, for one of the cars which did not have Dark Tints, we applied dark tints only for the quarter glass and then applied the carpet.