Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 22:55   #16

Re: Does a 3rd party install void the original Car Manufacturer's Warranty?

There was a leakage in EC Cooler and the same was replaced under warranty. Thanks for the concern.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:45   #17
BHPian

Skoda India, it seems will never learn from their mistakes and loosing popularity. Customer satisfaction is the last thing that comes to them. The day is not far when Skoda's pathetic service and unfriendly attitude will become universal truth. The more I read about their approach towards customers, my conviction of staying away from the brand increases.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:27   #18
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I have a Duster (RxL 85p.s) and recently equipped it with reverse parking sensors and camera (Amritras,Rs.9500). This was NOT done at the company dealership but at / by an external vendor (Ministers' Road, Hyderabad).They made a small cut to the tail lamp wire and connected the sensor/camera equipment wire.

Will this affect the warranty...will Renault say that since the wires were tampered with the warranty is void?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2014 at 00:45. Reason: Moved to relevant thread.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
I have a Duster (RxL 85p.s) and recently equipped it with reverse parking sensors and camera (Amritras,Rs.9500). This was NOT done at the company dealership but at / by an external vendor (Ministers' Road, Hyderabad).They made a small cut to the tail lamp wire and connected the sensor/camera equipment wire.

Will this affect the warranty...will Renault say that since the wires were tampered with the warranty is void?
If you have an unfortunate incident related to the electricals / fire the company can claim the warranty to be void. There is a Ford somewhere in the threads which caught fire and the company refused to accept liability as the owner had installed after market fog lamps.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 19:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
If you have an unfortunate incident related to the electricals / fire the company can claim the warranty to be void. There is a Ford somewhere in the threads which caught fire and the company refused to accept liability as the owner had installed after market fog lamps.
Thanks m upreti.

Is there anything I can do now to ensure that the warranty holds..like restoring the wiring or something of the sort.Would really appreciate the groups advice.

Also,will the insurance also be void?
Old 17th September 2014, 20:50   #21
BHPian

Note from Support. Please avoid cross-posting queries between threads. Your posts from the Duster Official Review thread have been moved here.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2014 at 00:45. Reason: See note.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Thanks m upreti.

Is there anything I can do now to ensure that the warranty holds..like restoring the wiring or something of the sort.Would really appreciate the groups advice.

Also,will the insurance also be void?
To be honest you cant revert the cuts or the wiring, however hope for the best and make sure the relays and fuses are proper and checked at regular intervals. There are vehicles with many accessories and wiring changes and still work perfectly without issues. I for example installed an aftermarket ICE on my own by cutting the original harness as there is no other way, LED strips on headlights taking power from the parking lights, new wiring for the horn as the original is shot somewhere, etc.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:26   #23
BHPian

Thanks a lot. That's very comforting. I did show the same at the Renault Service Centre..the technician there checked the wiring,re-did a few and now am satisfied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks