Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 17:20   #16
BHPian

Soundbarrier is all the rage with installers in chandigarh.
Now it seems to have reached delhi too. recently I asked an installer for a Kenwood amp ... and he was like " No Sir .... only sony and soundbarrier".

Doesnt say much for sony I guess.
Old 23rd August 2012, 04:31   #17

Re: Panasound / Soundbarier how good are they ?

i had recently been to jc road - bangalore apparently sound barrier is still available at a dirt cheap price of 4000/ - he even showed me a car installed with this - the music had way too much bass - But the side panel of the amp is what was impressive .. separate controls for high /low which actually work and it even had an option to add extended amplifier which again was working. On searching around jc road , reached sp road where in a repair shop had one that had come in for repair....the circuit layout looked like they have used 2 stage amplification and the whole body serves as a heatsink .The layout used here when compared to sony or pionner was totally otherwise - Not sure if these are good or not :(
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiran13 View Post
i had recently been to jc road - bangalore apparently sound barrier is still available at a dirt cheap price of 4000/ - ...
Dirt cheap? One can bargain and get a genuine Sony 4-channel (without B&W) at that price.

If you already found one on a repair guy's bench in SP Road, it cannot be something one should spend hard-earned money for.
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:25   #19

@DerAlte , apologies - i missed to add 8inch subwoofer along with the above (minus the box)- he didnt quote the make but i reckon it would be some thailand or chinese make . Strangely the box even had a warranty card . I havent brought one yet but was window shopping to look at the options available before settling for one .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks