Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 14:55   #1
DRC
BHPian

1DIN, touch screen USB....

Gurus,
Can some one suggest me a 1DIN motorized LCD screen with USB touch screen? What is the approx cost the of the option you suggest?
I have been googling for this for a while, but none of them were easily available and an exact fit of my requirement.

Also, Has anyone tried fitting a 1DIN motorized LCD screen in a Palio or Petra? I am asking because, I suspect wiper switch stack may come in way of the motorized operation and the screen may not be able to become verticle (slot deeper than the dash board lip)

Thank you for your help and advice in advance.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

I've heard double din touch screens, what can you practically do with a single din touch screen? As far as I'm aware they are HORRIBLY expensive.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:23   #3
BHPian

I have been trying to deal with the same problem. Check this thread out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...een-palio.html

your worries about the motorized screen in the stock HU location is absolutely correct. I measured the size and all of liliput non motorized and It wont come out vertically straight...all thanks to the long and growing dash board lip of palio/petra
Old 10th September 2007, 19:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

@DRC, I think you mean the kind of single-DIN units that have a full blown LCD screen hidden inside, with the screen coming out on motorised tracks and flipping up? a-la Phantom Face Alpines.

Alpine's units, like Panky said, are horribly expensive. I'm not sure, but I think Kenwood has such units too (not sure, though).

Fitted in the normal way I'm sure the screen would hit the Palio's dash's lip as it flips up (and will not flip up completely). You can get the HU fitted in such a way that it sticks-out a bit more than normal, just enough for the screen to get to the perpendicular position.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:52   #5
BHPian

@Hydra.. I think he is looking for a stand alone LCD screen with USB touchscreen interface for a car PC or something.
@DRC .. Do share the solution if you happen to find one.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:10   #6
BHPian

I have one installed in my car. It is a chinese product, but it is working fine. I will post the pics in a day or two. It has SD card reader, USB, 5.1 out, video out. Rear view camera input and all the other stuff. Quality of the buttons is not upto the mark though.

It is a worldtech 8281. I got it for 24000 with b/w ( 6 month replacement ) Available for approx 20000 without b/w ( when I bought one in june )
It is good enough for the price I paid, and is working fine. There is just one problem. If I use any USB drive over 1 gb it sometimes hangs up. Upto 1gb is not a problem at all. I have not tried a SD card of over 1 gb so can't comment on that. It even has a TV tuner, but I guess it is of no use in India.
Old 11th September 2007, 04:43   #7
BANNED

there is one by boschmann... not aware of the peformance..its a single DIN, 7 inch motorized touchscreen/LCD.. 23K with b/w
Old 11th September 2007, 11:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

I'd rather suggest avoid using boschmann (chinese thaka hua brand)....they are not worth the price that you pay for, moreover you wont be getting any company warranty!
Old 12th September 2007, 19:04   #9
DRC
BHPian

So every one is having the same set of questions!! ;-(

I am still looking for it ..

BTW, the touch screen I need should be UB interface as I need it for a car PC project.

Thanks for the responses
Old 12th September 2007, 19:13   #10
BHPian

DRC I dont think that a motorized or non motorized touch screen will work in case of a palio/petra type of dash. Are you open to doing some modification to the facia plate which has the AC vents??
Old 12th September 2007, 19:40   #11
BHPian

@ DRC : can you pls explain what UB interface means so that I can be on the lookout for the same.
Old 12th September 2007, 19:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

akg: probably DRC meant USB interface (car pc project naa!)
Old 12th September 2007, 22:13   #13
BHPian

try here drc
iRide Technologies. CarPC based Vehicle Infotainment Systems
The MRP is 17800. This will be perfect for your car pc as this includes the drivers for the touchscreen. Also, why do you need a usb input in the screen. If you are going to have a whole pc then you can just take the usb ports from the pc and use extension cables to place them wherever you want to.
Can you purchase make the purchase online ? I will search for some sites for you where you can get this type of stuff easily.
Best of luck, and pls pls post pics of the whole installation process as I am going to do something similar in a few months

Last edited by akg7091 : 12th September 2007 at 22:20. Reason: Added some more info and fixed the link
Old 13th September 2007, 09:31   #14
BHPian

As I said before this wont work in a palio/petra dash if put in the stock head unit location. More over all the standalone touchscreens have USB input. What this means is that they have two set of cables (may be more if they take multiple video ins as well) : A VGA cable and the USB cable for the touchscreen. The screen you mentioned in the link is a good one but its very expensive. For that price you can get a motorized xenarc 7" which is probably the best bet.

@DRC: I would suggest you go for a IRV-070SE which has a stand and try to mount it either on the dash or somewhere near the ash tray. This might involve some DIY for you though
Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
try here drc
iRide Technologies. CarPC based Vehicle Infotainment Systems
The MRP is 17800. This will be perfect for your car pc as this includes the drivers for the touchscreen. Also, why do you need a usb input in the screen. If you are going to have a whole pc then you can just take the usb ports from the pc and use extension cables to place them wherever you want to.
Can you purchase make the purchase online ? I will search for some sites for you where you can get this type of stuff easily.
Best of luck, and pls pls post pics of the whole installation process as I am going to do something similar in a few months
Old 13th September 2007, 15:26   #15
DRC
BHPian

This was exactly I was looking for...

Thanks for the help guys.. I will keep you posted as I go further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks