Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 19:28   #76
BHPian

^eh, whatever... I think it's a bit trite to insinuate that since Microsoft's flagship thing is Windows, they would be bad at making Hardware. The Xbox and Xbox 360 are proof that they are not. I would be totally open to checking out the new Zune with an open mind and assessing the player on the basis of my own observations as well as of other people posting online reviews. I mean I'm a Sony playstation 2 fan, but that doesn't mean I start putting Sony in my car Agreed?

Anyway can we get this thread back on topic?
Old 4th October 2007, 20:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
^eh, whatever... ... start putting Sony in my car Agreed?
Come to think of it, you are absolutely right. I think I was triggered by my less than enchanting experience the first time around - I have seen it since it was a proto. As a vernacular saying goes "chillies are best tasted with one's own tongue". NOM!

Quote:
Anyway can we get this thread back on topic?
It always was and continues, unless only ready-made answers qualify as discussion (*and searching for the Peace smiley*).
Old 4th October 2007, 20:38   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
But, but, thank the lord me dad never used germaniums!
Well I had nothing to do with, don't thank me
Old 4th October 2007, 22:27   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Well I had nothing to do with, don't thank me

Old 4th October 2007, 22:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
It always was and continues, unless only ready-made answers qualify as discussion (*and searching for the Peace smiley*).
Oh, that was pointed at you - just at all this talk about geraniums or germanium or whatever.
Old 4th October 2007, 23:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Veb, please, let's get this thread back to topic.
While the Zune may give you all kinds of features and at bargain basement prices, the problem will forever remain that it will never be an iPod!! The sheer sensuality of holding an iPod sets off divine music playing in the head - utterly intoxicating!
A lot can be forgiven in that delirious state of mind.
Old 4th October 2007, 23:39   #82
BHPian

I cant say about the zune player cause i havnt heard it yet..but ive heard to a lot of them inclduign creative,iRiver,The apple range,Sony,etc,etc. The best so far in terms of SQ is without a doubt the Apple 5g Ipod .I am of course only talking in terms of SQ. Non-Audio Features etc I have not taken into account while comparing the above.So if wantign to upgrade a music player i'd say jsut go for the black 30 gig baby.
OT : jsut couple a SENN with an Ipod and youll be in heaven..beleive me.. I use a 20gb ( older one -2005 model ) with Sennheiser HD280 Pro's and it works like a charm.( of course never use headphones in a car while driving..)

Last edited by sk456 : 4th October 2007 at 23:50.
Old 5th October 2007, 00:57   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I could be imagining it, but I can swear that my new 160gig 6G iPod sounds a wee bit better than my older 30 gig 5G Ipod.
Old 5th October 2007, 01:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Veb, please, let's get this thread back to topic.
That is what I have been saying all along!!!

Quote:
While the Zune may give you all kinds of features and at bargain basement prices, the problem will forever remain that it will never be an iPod!! The sheer sensuality of holding an iPod sets off divine music playing in the head - utterly intoxicating!
A lot can be forgiven in that delirious state of mind.
While I don't deny that the iPod has a certain style appeal to it, I would be the last person to ignore features for style, and also the last person to delve into apple/iPod fanboy-ism.

The new iPod classic does seem to be a cool player, but the biggest flaw in it is that it doesn't have fm.

From what I have read and seen about the Zune so far, the interface seems awesome, but the new player isn't really bringing anything else very cool.

Frankly, I think there's a lot that these people can do to make a better mp3 player, and yet they seem to be very slow on picking this up. By features I mean thigns like: Touchscreen, Bluetooth, USB Mass Storage (i.e. no need to install drivers), Divx/Xvid support --- I can keep rattling on till the cows come home.
Old 5th October 2007, 01:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could be imagining it, but I can swear that my new 160gig 6G iPod sounds a wee bit better than my older 30 gig 5G Ipod.
Showoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5th October 2007, 09:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I have read and seen about the Zune so far, the interface seems awesome, but the new player isn't really bringing anything else very cool.

Quote:
Interestingly, the Zune allows a certain amount of sharing - one Zune can wirelessly send songs to another Zune. The recipient can play these thrice in a 3 day timeframe, and they cannot send these songs out from their Zune.
It is not clear yet whether these 'unplayable' songs will then keep sitting on their hard drives or do a self-destruct, or have to be manually deleted.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:38   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
And where did you expect @veb to find 8 or 32ohm resistors? Had he gone for it, he would have landed up using 3 or 5 resistors just to get those values.
or a SINGLE 100ohm multi-turn preset! :-) LOL.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:43   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Osh Kosh B Gosh!! He's off to an early start! Wish I had a Dad like that!.
I expect that by the time he is 10 his friends will take precedence so I decided to spend all the time I can now. Every school day, I wake him, help him in the bath, make his milk and after he's had breakfast (his mom makes that - noone can eat what i cook) drop him to his school bus and head to work. I love fatherhood, even if it means postponing/eliminating my custom tube amps, OB speakers, weekend parties, etc.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:46   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
on a serious note the old 60GB 4th generation photo ipods sound the best. I have an old one laying around and one day I will juggad a 200GB hard disk into it and drop in lossless files. By that time Sam youwill be on your 9th gen 1TB ipod I guess.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:51   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Showoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha. You got me there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks