Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 15:18   #1
BHPian

opening the door panel in optra

it seems to be a very stupid question but I seriously could not figure out how to open the door panel of my car, got all the screws off (3 nos) as well as a single plastic screw and also the screw inside the door handle (not exactly a door handle but kind of a depression to hold the door), i could pull away only the lower part a bit (enough to have a peek inside) but was unable to open up the the upper part...

hope anyone helps me out
Old 17th September 2007, 15:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why do you want to do it yourselves?
Old 17th September 2007, 15:27   #3
BHPian

just wanted to replace the OEM speakers and replace them with the othe blau speakers i already have
Old 17th September 2007, 15:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you take to it to authorized service center or those accesories shops, in all this pushing and pulling I woudnt want you to break it... in which case it will be expensive to replace.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:15   #5
BHPian

thanks ET for the very wise suggestion, was free today so thought to do this stuff
Old 18th September 2007, 10:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
thanks ET for the very wise suggestion, was free today so thought to do this stuff

i would recommend you to go ahead with your work beanstalk!! not that i would love to learn on your car , but just that i've been a DIY most of the time including my car and home projects.

i owe my zero failure rate to the feasibility study phase of all my projects. so go ahead and try something similar.

please post some pics (like shots taken straight-on) of your door panel and I can help you.

after all why would one have this DIY section anyway.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
i would recommend you to go ahead with your work beanstalk!! not that i would love to learn on your car , but just that i've been a DIY most of the time including my car and home projects.

i owe my zero failure rate to the feasibility study phase of all my projects. so go ahead and try something similar.

please post some pics (like shots taken straight-on) of your door panel and I can help you.

after all why would one have this DIY section anyway.
The door panels in modern cars have hinges and lock which are hidden away, so the only option is to pull it but its a risk since you dont what the exact location of the hinge or the lock. My friend was trying the same with his ford ikon and ended by breaking the damm thing.
DIY is ok but not when there's an obvious and expensive risk, its simply isnt worth it.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The door panels in modern cars have hinges and lock which are hidden away, so the only option is to pull it but its a risk since you dont what the exact location of the hinge or the lock. My friend was trying the same with his ford ikon and ended by breaking the damm thing.
DIY is ok but not when there's an obvious and expensive risk, its simply isnt worth it.

DIY is not for everybody who can own one of those toolsets sold in the Chinese market!!!

It is a lot more than all that. It is an expertise in itself. Some have grown with it since their childhood. Hence this dedicated section here and there are many successful projects shown off.

Let's not argue / hijack this thread. It is beanstalk's decision at last. Am out of this now.

Last edited by gbpscars : 18th September 2007 at 14:58.
Old 20th September 2007, 19:44   #9
BHPian

hi,

i dont recommend doing this if you dont have prior experience but if you wan to, try googling.

in my accent, i first have to pull the door panel towards me after removing all the screws and when the locks realease, i have to pull the panel upwards.

there could be a screw in the door arm rest where the window buttons are usually located.

do it at your own risk. you can damage the panels by using too much force.
cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks