Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 13:51   #1
BHPian

sony xplode CDX-M730

I have a sony xplode CDX-M730, which does not play mp3.
Is it possible to play mp3 if yes how???? please help

My idea: 1. change the lens, 2. get a adapter which can input mp3 from a flash drive

please help on which adaptor and where to buy, or best place in bangalore to change the lens.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Neither a lens change nor an adapter will allow you to play MP3 on the Sony HU. The HU should have the capability (hardware & software) to read MP3 files and decode them to listenable music. For using a Flash Drive, the HU must have a USB interface port.

Check your HU manual if it has an AUX-IN. If so, you will need to get the following:
- an MP3 player (more than a flash drive) to store and play your MP3 tracks
- an adapter and / or cable to connect your HU to the MP3 player earphone socket.

If you look at the economics of it, perhaps replacing your current HU with a low-end MP3 capable HU might be cheaper.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:39   #3
BHPian

I have a T.sonic 610 mp3 player / flashdrive will this help?

and what kind of adaptor will support this

-----------------

this is the butt of my player

Old 20th September 2007, 14:47   #4
BHPian

the best alternative is to replace sony with pioneer
Old 20th September 2007, 15:30   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
the best alternative is to replace sony with pioneer
any MP3 compatible HU will do.
Old 20th September 2007, 18:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
I have a T.sonic 610 mp3 player / flashdrive will this help?

and what kind of adaptor will support this

-----------------

this is the butt of my player

Arrey yaar, you have everything there - you only need an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable (should be available at any car accessories or audio shop) to connect your MP3 player.

Connect the RCA plugs of the cable to the left-most RCA socket pair (white+red; as seen from the back as in your pic) and the jack to the earphone socket of the MP3 player.

Select AUX-IN from HU, adjust the volume at the MP3 player, and bolo tara rara!
Old 21st September 2007, 11:02   #7
BHPian

thanks Der, will source one and try the compatability.
Old 27th September 2007, 21:19   #8

You can get the sony 10 cd/mp3 changer cdx-757mx, I bought it for 7500 without bill. I have it installed with my sony cdx-m750, been working fine for over a year. I love my HU (even though indian radio stations dont work) and think this is the best possible way to listen to mp3s without changing the HU.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bansal View Post
You can get the sony 10 cd/mp3 changer cdx-757mx, I bought it for 7500 without bill. I have it installed with my sony cdx-m750, been working fine for over a year. I love my HU (even though indian radio stations dont work) and think this is the best possible way to listen to mp3s without changing the HU.
What a pity, Mr. Bansal. Why?

Check with Sony service, perhaps they may be able to re-flash your HU or change the software setting for the FM search increment. OK, you may need to turn on your charm to get them to do that.

This normally happens only for auto tuning where the US frequency (even numbers in first digit after decimal) search jumps over the Indian and European frequencies (odd number in first digit after decimal). Simplistic software - this is meant to speed up search by not looking at frequencies where you don't expect to find anything.
Old 29th September 2007, 13:14   #10

Thanks for the advice DerAlte.

I bought mine in the US from crutchfield. It only goes through the odd frequencies used in the states. Atleast there a couple of stations now that it can tune in Delhi, so not a total waste.

I never really thought about the sw angle. Also on a side note slightly OT. I bought home sony dvd system (DAV-SC5) from dubai for 18k which went bust after a yr, took it to the authorized center with bill, they told me warranty does not work in india, frustrated I said ok hoga kuch funda and will pay for the repair. They took 10 days and told me it will take 13k to just power it on and see further damage. I took it back from them, still charged me abt a grand to look at it. Took it it to my local repair guy, he said it came messed up inside with incomplete work (i dont know how to get my point across in words), he fixed it in 2.3k still workin fine after yr. This is my apprehension with sony india service centers. So kinda scared taking my prize HU to them to fiddle with it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 29th September 2007, 18:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bansal View Post
I bought mine in the US from crutchfield. ... So kinda scared taking my prize HU to them to fiddle with it. Just my 2 cents.
Quite natural, Mr.Bansal, that was rather despicable on the part of Sony.

Just a thought, reading on the other threads about setting up Alpine HUs for FM in India. There must be a way to set it, since these things are normally software settings, not hardware. The manual should be able to give a clue.

Does the manual setting (see extract from manual below) work for you? Does it also skip over the Indian frequencies?

Old 29th September 2007, 20:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Arrey yaar, you have everything there - you only need an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable (should be available at any car accessories or audio shop) to connect your MP3 player.

Connect the RCA plugs of the cable to the left-most RCA socket pair (white+red; as seen from the back as in your pic) and the jack to the earphone socket of the MP3 player.

Select AUX-IN from HU, adjust the volume at the MP3 player, and bolo tara rara!
Hmm.. nice reply, lol. Sounds like me. Often I sound like Navin. What is this forum doing to us?
Old 1st October 2007, 10:45   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hmm.. nice reply, lol. Sounds like me. Often I sound like Navin. What is this forum doing to us?
and at time Der Alte sounds like me. maybe we are all clones!

..nah! No way i'll ever be caught in red/orange capris/knickers/bermudas or whatever you call those lower garments you wear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks