Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Infinity+hertz+jbl Setup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29139-infinity-hertz-jbl-setup.html)

sanchits 21st September 2007 20:57

Infinity+hertz+jbl Setup
 
hi... how would a setup sound with
infinity or hertz components in the front
infinity or hertz co-ax in the rear
JBl amp
hertz 12" woofer with enclosure.

please suggest what model no's and what are the prices.
would 1 amp be enough to power the front and woofer if the rear is powered by the HU amp.
or would i need a monoblock too power the woofer and multichannel to power all the speakers.
budget is Rs. 30,000 and can exceed to Rs.40,000 if really necessary
setup includes front and rear speakers,woofer,Amp.

manveet 22nd September 2007 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchits (Post 571763)
hi... how would a setup sound with
infinity or hertz components in the front
infinity or hertz co-ax in the rear
JBl amp
hertz 12" woofer with enclosure.

I am running something similar - you can check the garage for details. Since you're NCR, you can probably demo it out on one of the Delhi Meets.

Regards

payam 22nd September 2007 02:34

you can power the rear and woofer by one 4channel amp(get jbl 75.4).
what is the HU??
it would be better to power the sub by a monoblock amp and get a 4channel amp for all speakers.
i suggest you to get a infinity or jbl sub as your set are based in jbl and infinity.
expert can help you more and correct me.

manveet 22nd September 2007 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 571930)
you can power the rear and woofer by one 4channel amp(get jbl 75.4).
it would be better to power the sub by a monoblock amp and get a 4channel amp for all speakers.

Or maybe go in for a 6-channel JBL Amp. The 755.6

:)

shrivz 22nd September 2007 10:23

keep a good amount for a Headunit! preferably alpine!

Amey 22nd September 2007 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz (Post 572002)
keep a good amount for a Headunit! preferably alpine!

Thats a Pio P1Y guy talking there lol:
Yeah man, keep a good amount for the HU, i am sure you wont regret it.
Havent listened to Infinity ever so cant comment much on that ;)

payam 22nd September 2007 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amey (Post 572057)
Havent listened to Infinity ever so cant comment much on that ;)

ameee,infinity is very good.i,ve listened to some of them and loved it.my friend babak has got infinity reference in his matiz,just amazing.
let me know whenever you wanna demo.

shrivz 23rd September 2007 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 572114)
ameee,infinity is very good.i,ve listened to some of them and loved it.my friend babak has got infinity reference in his matiz,just amazing.
let me know whenever you wanna demo.

agree: Infinities are good, audition both, hertz and infinity and then decide, personally, I found the hertz in vikram's car to churn out a lot more detail compared to the other infinities i've heard, I can just imagine that setup with a good SQ oriented HU.

sanchits 23rd September 2007 01:48

ivé got a civic, so will keep the stock HU. and also can i get some prices on hertz/infinity

goldsun 23rd September 2007 07:07

I am using Infinity for the front and JBL for the rear and all the speakers through JBL 4 Ch amp. I get enjoyable clear sound with adequate bass. I have paid about 18k for the above setup excluding HU

by the way. mine is a SWIFT VXi.

panky12345 23rd September 2007 10:01

please dont go by the popular belief : "gaadi ke andar jo awaaz aaye, aur jo dekhne mein ordinary lage aur jo 3 bande english mein technical terms bole wohi set up SQ; rest SPL"

listen, use your brains, and ONLY then decide.

Sam Kapasi 23rd September 2007 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 572666)
listen, use your brains, and ONLY then decide.

Best advice on this forum. Use your ears and brains before you buy. Your combinations would sound very nice, do not worry.

All brands are nice sounding and of good repute.

low_bass_makker 23rd September 2007 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 572666)
please dont go by the popular belief : "gaadi ke andar jo awaaz aaye, aur jo dekhne mein ordinary lage aur jo 3 bande english mein technical terms bole wohi set up SQ; rest SPL"

listen, use your brains, and ONLY then decide.

Hmm...and one can tune a SQL install to sound good and get good SQ if the equipment choose is right but one cannot achieve SPL from a SQ install. So which one would choose ?

panky12345 23rd September 2007 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 572782)
Hmm...and one can tune a SQL install to sound good and get good SQ if the equipment choose is right but one cannot achieve SPL from a SQ install. So which one would choose ?

I'd go for either entire JBL or JBL + illusion or Steg + ID + DLS (distant dream)...:)

vikram18 23rd September 2007 13:00

Popular combos are infinity speakers powered by JBL amps and Hertz speakers powered by Audison. Both are very reputable and popular brands. Please audition both. See what your kind of music sounds best on, not what someone else says is good music, and then buy the best you can afford. After all, the bottomline is that you should like what you hear everytime.

I had installed Polk momos in my Civic. They're expensive, have great ads, you can see them on poplular shows like Chip Foose's Overhauled. Yayyy, i thought i couldn't go wrong. I HATED THEM!!! Replaced them with Hertz/Audison, and I'm a happy man now.

This section of the forum is brilliant in that you get to know a lot of brands in your budget, which you never knew existed. At the risk of sounding extremely ignorant, I had never heard of Hertz, DLS, Rainbow or Morel. I ended up buying one! People here will give you great choices based on your budget and taste. Both your options are extremely good but in the end trust only YOUR ears. Your setup should sound great to you, and NOTHING ELSE MATTEHHHUUURRRSSS.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:56.