Team-BHP - need help buying monoblock amp
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   need help buying monoblock amp (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29302-need-help-buying-monoblock-amp.html)

what would be the best monoblock amp to power a 12" hertz woofer for around rs.15,000

Alpine MRP-M450
Kenwood KAC-8101D
Kenwood KAC-8103D

It would be great help if prices are quoted also:-
Kenwood 8101D
kenwood 8103D
kenwood -X10D

Alpine has this new mini-mono (V-Power series) for 10K that puts out 350w RMS. Dunno the model no. Its just been launched. Saw it at my installer's last week.

Very small body, just about the length & width of a dictionary. It sounded reasonably ok, driving a 12" S-type sub.

If you are on a budget of 10K and if the need for amplication is @ 2ohms , ALPINE MRP M350 makes good sense. You can get one with B&W for 10K.
PS: Am assuming your sub's nominal output below 350W rms .

Pioneer D510 which gives 500 x 1 watts rms at 2 ohms is nice option. Avalable for 9-10k range.

if you like good thump/beats/show off kinds only, go for Pio 510.

else you can look forward to JBL 301.1/601.1 (thoda sa budget extend) or Alpine.

somehow, i'm not convinced with kenwood amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchits (Post 575500)
what would be the best monoblock amp to power a 12" hertz woofer for around rs.15,000

which one? 4d or 2d?
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 575641)
If you are on a budget of 10K and if the need for amplication is @ 2ohms , ALPINE MRP M350 makes good sense. You can get one with B&W for 10K.
PS: Am assuming your sub's nominal output below 350W rms .

250@4 and 360@ 2! almost similar to Pioneer GM7200M

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 575690)
Pioneer D510 which gives 500 x 1 watts rms at 2 ohms is nice option. Avalable for 9-10k range.

damn! I am late! You can get that and courier it to me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 575871)
if you like good thump/beats/show off kinds only, go for Pio 510.

else you can look forward to JBL 301.1/601.1 (thoda sa budget extend) or Alpine.

601.1 may be too much for a single 12" woofer. 301.1 will be sufficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 575871)

You mean with the brand or do you have any experience worth sharing here. We have found them to be clean and powerful amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 575988)
You mean with the brand or do you have any experience worth sharing here. We have found them to be clean and powerful amps.

True. Had A/b/c kenwood /Pioneer/JBL ( im afraid I dont remeber model numbers but price range was similar for all ).. with the same sub,hu,speakers... kenwood was far superior both as a sub driver as well as for the front stage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 575988)

Yup gunman, I once powered a KFC-2511 in a sealed box, first with a KAC-7203 and then channel 3&4 bridged off KAC-8403....Honestly speaking a local 3K alpine would've given a better sound.

I've never seen/tested a kenwood mono.

I tried a lot of settings, but nope....since then, I've never looked at Kenwood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 576001)
I've never seen/tested a kenwood mono.

I second that. My friend has a KENWOOD DVD 2- Din HU with inbuilt 5.1 processor, but the sound it produce is crappy. I just connected the my p80 in place of his HU and the sound improved dramatically.

Also I have hear a pair of Kenwood oval dont remember the model number but they sound ok not so good against the price.

LBM bai ji what's ur views about kenwood amps,i am keen for them!!
And in this thread we are discussing amps not HU n co-axsorry: !!
I mean no offence here!!
Reviews about Kenwood x10d!!!

gill....he was just talking about the brand as a whole. I dont know why are you so keen on kenwood. Did you hear it and found it upto the mark or its just like technical terms and few certificates from gurus?