Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 12:24   #16
BHPian

hi mobike,

congrats on getting the car damped. didn't want to be the one to correct but had to. its damping not dampening. no offense meant bro.

and mobike, i think the guy didnt fully damp the doors. i can see small pieces stuck to the inner and outer door metal. this is how i got my doors damped.

did you get the door outer sheet metal damped? the one on which you screw the inner door handle, the door trim. like this?

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 9th October 2007 at 12:34.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:36   #17
BHPian

Hey Mobike,
Congrats man. Like someone else asked on this thread earlier, will "dampening" reduce engine & tyre noise? I really haven't completely gotten used to the morning starts.
Old 9th October 2007, 14:09   #18
BHPian

i hope i didnt offend you in any way mobike?
Old 10th October 2007, 13:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i hope i didnt offend you in any way mobike?
Hey Clip, noway dude, you didnt offend me at all . Thanks for the correction.

As you can see, it was a budget install ( 3.5K) had only 8 sheets to cope with so used it to the best of extent possible. Unfortunately, i haven't covered the entire front door part but, only the inside metal area behind the comps.

Well, i was practically getting rattled mainly from boot area so concentrated there more than front. There is certainly a marked difference and happy with it. Probably, if i get more damping sheets from abroad then will be a bit more extravagant and cover the un-covered areas
Old 11th October 2007, 12:19   #20
BHPian

mobike, could you please give me a number of the place where you did this work, cause i am coming to b'lore this 26th.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
mobike, could you please give me a number of the place where you did this work, cause i am coming to b'lore this 26th.
I got this done at Sprocket's hyderabad outlet. They have another branch in Koramanagla in Bangalore. you can PM any of Blore folks to get that number.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I got this done at Sprocket's hyderabad outlet. They have another branch in Koramanagla in Bangalore. you can PM any of Blore folks to get that number.
Hi Mobike,

Gr8 sound dampeners there. Could you also brief me on the difference in results you would have got if you havd gone in for Dynamat.

Unfortunately, I havent come across anyone in BBay using the Dynamat product here - even though it most required out here.

Does your dealer have a Bbay dealer number that you can share with me, please.

Cheers and Njoy ur crisp clear sounds now.
Old 20th October 2007, 12:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

SRS, firstly, i havent installed Dynamat, its a different brand called Flexmat. But, its equally good. As mentioned in my initial post, i am experiencing an almost 90%-95% rattle deadned, so you can say i am more than happy.

Lastly, Sprocket doesnt have any outlet in Mumbai. you should contact Navin on this forum who knows everything about ICE in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks