Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 23:43   #1
BHPian

ICE Setup for Swift

Mods : I tried searching similar thread in swift section as well as in ICE section as a whole but was not able to find one . Please feel free to close this thread and redirect me to an existing thread if there is any .

Here is my question

Hi ,

I am looking to upgrade my ICE setup ( feeling bit timid to call it "upgrade" after going through the ICE section and after knowing that what money and efforts you guys put in car audios) any ways right now what i got is

1. Sony Headunit : I do not know the model number , but its a silver colour , panel down HU with blue display and yeah it is capable of playing VCD's as well apart from regular MP3's and audio CD's .
2. Two 6" speakers in front door from SONY
3. Two speakers on parcel tray from SONY again

I dont remember the model number of speaker as well but they are oval shaped silver in colour with red magnet inside.

Now twist in the tale is that after reading so much about JBL , i went to a local car accessory shop and asked him to replace my rear speakers with JBL , after checking out my speakers that guy told me that they are fake one and he wont be buying them and i can keep them with me. He checked out my HU and confirmed that its a genuine one so are the front door speakers . I bought whole setup without bill thats also 10 months back on the same day when i bought my car , so the guy who installed it refused to recognise me , and I was left with no option as I was not having any bill .

Anywas enough of sulking .... Now I want you guys to suggest me a setup keeping these points in mind
* I would like to keep my HU as it looks good , is original and i dont know but looks pretty stylish to me
* Boot space is a priority but wont mind keeping a small box kind of thing there but wont be able to place that big box in which people fit speakers as well as woofer and fill it with cotton and what not .
* Budget 15 K max
* I prefer listening to Hip Hop and regular hindi songs
Hmm what else

Yeah its my earnest postulation to answer my query in a layman language as i dont understand all those terms like cross cable or watever .

Thanks In Advance
Regards
Prashant Dinkar
Old 11th October 2007, 00:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not read through the query, just providing links as asked :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ighlight=swift

Happy Icing
Old 11th October 2007, 00:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Not read through the query, just providing links as asked :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ighlight=swift

Happy Icing
Thanks , I got this link when I was searching in ICE section
Old 11th October 2007, 09:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think it is better to get good speakers now and add an amplifier later on. You can consider a pair of components for the front (5-6.5k), a pair of 6X9s for the rear (4.5-5k) mounted on an MDF tray (800/- to 1,000/-). This way, you would save up some money for the amplifier later.
Old 11th October 2007, 09:47   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Souljah for providing the link.

@ Prashant : Please search through the forum before creating new threads. Thread closed.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Thanks , I got this link when I was searching in ICE section
add Blau GT4 or new JBL GT5 4 ch. amp for 7K to my post in the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...oot-space.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks