Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

brett, I suggest you audition Infinity and Illusion as well BEFORE making a decision to buy.
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Edit: Kya re JB, ekdum same to same...
surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
alright gunbir, i will give you a call when im in bby.
also another quest - will my stock HU support theses speakers and the amp???
Gunbir lives in Delhi. Brett, If you are going that route are you not considering a sub as well? In that a good 5/6 ch. amp would be a nicer option.

Quote:
Blaupunkt THA475PnP amp from there.
get this instead (it will drive a sub).

Blaupunkt THA555PnP 5-channel car amplifier 55 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at Crutchfield.com

or this

Infinity Reference 5350a 5-channel car amplifier 50 watts RMS x 4 + 150 watts RMS x 1 at Crutchfield.com

or the Audison SRx5.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:04   #18
Team-BHP Support

Another 5-ch amp to consider is the Ground Zero Radioactive GZRA 5100XII
Old 24th October 2007, 11:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
If there is space for a 3 inch cone driver then I think with small mod inside the door the dome drive can easily go inside. Also the results of the dome installed will be better. But I think the space would be of a 4 inch speaker not a 3 inch one.
My friend, first and foremost there is a difference in what you are thinking
and what can be done. You give advice on this matter so authoritatively, a newbie would assume you know what you're talking about. But I am not a newbie. So i will suggest you to please go open the doors of a Laura and see for yourself.

The results of the dome will be better? Please also try and think how a dome will sound after you mod and fit it in (if possible at all). Even after you allow room for the front of the dome to sit being the door panel, considering the dispersion for large domes... most of your midrange information will be inside the door, NOT in the cabin.

And if you're suggesting he cut his door panels and mount the midrange from the top... well I wouldn't suggest that to someone who just booked a Rs 15Lakh car.

Last edited by gunbir : 24th October 2007 at 11:57.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ok then one cannot mount a dome driver under a door panel ?

Is it impossible or cannot be done.

And I don't judge the person by the status under the hand-name on the forum.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok then one cannot mount a dome driver under a door panel ?
Is it impossible or cannot be done.
We are not debating whether or not it can be done. Nothing is impossible. It is simply a question of what is better. And if better also happens to be easier, then why bother doing the difficult at all.

Quote:
And I don't judge the person by the status under the hand-name on the forum
What a coincidence, neither do I...
Old 24th October 2007, 13:46   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What a coincidence, neither do I...
Quote:
And I don't judge the person by the status under the hand-name on the forum.
Quote:
My friend, first and foremost there is a difference in what you are thinking
and what can be done. You give advice on this matter so authoritatively, a newbie would assume you know what you're talking about..
Guys, please take your internal issues elsewhere. Stick the helping out the owner of this thread.

And dont point fingers. My 5 year old son (and his friends) have learnt that that will get them nowhere. Now shake hands and be friendly. Ok?

I do agree (technically) with Gunbir (remember Brett, I am a Mod not a Guru, Gunbir and LBM are Gurus so I my opinion should be discounted).

The Laura front door midrange location does not allow for a dome mid if one want to retain the stock grill. However other than a 3 way one could even install a 6" woofer and a 4" 2 way component. This would allow you to use seperate amps (biamp) for the bass and the mid/HF section.

Brett given that your budget is only 50K try this...

Go 3 way in the front and 2 way in the rear.
For the front you can get a 3 way or a 6" woofer and a 4" 2 way. I suspect the later might be cheaper.
For the rear I dont see much advantage of going 3 way since the woofer is really limted to 5".
Now you can add you amp and even get a 6ch. amp using 4 channels to drive the front and 2 for the rear.

my mom uses this in her Honda City and likes it. It powers her Infnity speakers and sub.
JBL Grand Touring Series GTO755.6 II 6-channel car amplifier 60 watts RMS x 4 + 107 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

a cheaper option is the Audiobahn (but it is not a SQ option) 6601 and it's look are even more bling than the JBL above

this amp is nice but would eat up your budget
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/5853.html
Old 24th October 2007, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Option 1 for For 50K:

3-ways in front: 14K-15K
2-ways in back: About 9K
4-ch amp: 13K
12" Sub: 4K
Box for sub: 1.5K
Wiring (Power & RCA): 3K
Damping (Front doors): 4K (This may not be required as the Laura is built pretty solid).

This is within budget and gets you everything you need, but I'd prefer a better sub and amp.

If I were doing it for myself, I'd spend the money like this:

Option 2:
3-ways in front: 14-15K
4-ch amp (Bridged to 2-ch to drive the fronts): 16K
Mono Amp: 14K
12" sub: 10K
Box for sub (Sealed): 1.5K
Wiring: 4K
Damping: 3K for the front doors, if needed.

(Another spin on the same thing is to get better 3-ways for about 23K, skip the mono amp, and use the rear channels of the 4-ch amp to drive the sub.)

Now this is about 60K after discounts (10K over budget), but this will sound much much better than the first combo. You might have noticed I have not mentioned 2-way comps in the back. You can get them later if you want to the next time you want to spend some money on the car. And this is assuming you'll be driving the car all the time.

The Brands I'd prefer are Hertz ESK 3-ways, ID sub, Alpine 4-ch amp, Alpine Mono Amp, and Audison Power & RCA wires.

You don't have too many options of brands when it comes to 3-way comps right now, if you plan to buy with B&W.

Another 4-ch amp you can consider is the JBL GTO 75.4 (about 12K-13K). JBL's GTO 301.1 Mono amp (about 12K) can also be considered to drive the sub.

There are lots other of good options for the sub, from Hertz, JBL, Infinity, Ground Zero, Alpine etc, depending on your taste and budget rearrangement.

Last edited by hydrashok : 24th October 2007 at 14:46.
Old 24th October 2007, 14:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
all my life i have been doing up my cars at milan subway but now i want something better. this place i go to recommend only earthquake speakers with a sony amp.
Is your 'regular place' Suraj Motors.

manson.
Old 24th October 2007, 15:00   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Is your 'regular place' Suraj Motors.

manson.
In that case he must also be recommending M.A. Car audio speakers.
Old 24th October 2007, 15:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now shake hands and be friendly. Ok?
I'd rather see them kiss and make up. Anything else anyone?
Old 24th October 2007, 15:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Ajay, are the Electra series midbass drivers available as raw drivers just like in the case of the Carbon series? ::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* :: ?

If yes then do you see a possibility of having Illusion Electra three ways just like the way you did in the CR-V setup using a tri-way capable amplifier crossover?
Old 24th October 2007, 15:54   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
In that case he must also be recommending M.A. Car audio speakers.
Yep, Rishi has to push earthquake and M.A. as a part of his job.
He does not offer me either of them to me anymore.
But there lies a huge market which is rather open to 'any brand' a dealer can market well with confidence, Rishi does a brilliant job at that, something i hafta yet see from anyone at Milan Subway.

manson.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:06   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Yep, Rishi has to push earthquake and M.A. as a part of his job. He does not offer me either of them to me anymore.
But there lies a huge market which is rather open to 'any brand' a dealer can market well with confidence, Rishi does a brilliant job at that, something i hafta yet see from anyone at Milan Subway.
manson.
I know Manson. I don't disagree with the fact. I did my cars first ICE setup from him. In fact first time I ever had an amplifier and a sub in the car was from Suraj Motors. Jan 2006 I went to him for my cousins Santro install and he compared M.A. speakers to the likes of JBL. I strongly opposed and stuck to whatever I want to buy. I saw him sell 2 Pairs of M.A. Audio speakers and a dual sub with enclosure also by M.A. to them very effortlessly. These guys had a strong budget of 60k and they ended up powering M.A. with some amp named Silicon.

Off topic, aren't we?
Old 24th October 2007, 16:25   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You don't have too many options of brands when it comes to 3-way comps right now, if you plan to buy with B&W.
He does if he considers a 6" woofer + 4" component option. Illusion and Kicker give him that option. Price would be as below.

6" woofer + 4" 2 component in front: 12K
2-ways in back: About 6K
6-ch amp: 24K
12" Sub: 5K with box
Wiring (RCA): 3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Ajay, are the Electra series midbass drivers available as raw drivers just like in the case of the Carbon series?
I think Illusion does that. I know Kicker does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks