Team-BHP - Goodbye GTO75.4 - I'll miss you baby.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Goodbye GTO75.4 - I'll miss you baby. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/30521-goodbye-gto75-4-ill-miss-you-baby.html)

That's right. It's gone. Disconned. Today I feel exactly like how the Honda guys must have felt when they discontinued the 1.5 Vtec OHC in India.

So I've started this thread as an ode to the fantastic GTO75.4 (also called GTO75.4II in the USA.)

Yes there will be a replacement of course, that is typical progress and R&D for you, but please let's not discuss that here on this thread.

I've kept one (or two) for myself of course. There is stock in the market of course, but not for long.
I know that there are many here that swore by this amplifier in terms of performance (especially considering the price).

Let us hear those testimonials to an amplifier that was a whole category ahead of other amplifiers in its price bracket.

No matter what amplifier replaces this baby, better or not, the 75.4 will always have a special place in my heart.

Once again, a request - let's stick to discussing the 75.4 only and not its replacement. I won't answer any questions about any other models on this thread.

What ! 75.4 being discontinued ?
Thats really sad thing.
I am a happy and content owner of this Amp. I dont think you could ask for more from it at that price point.

Goodbye 75.4, you surely will be missed.

The trend in the world of silicon microelectronics (particularly computer chips) has always been about better, faster, cheaper, in accordance with Moore's law

Intel Corp. co-founder Gordon E. Moore stated in his 1965 paper, that:

the number of transistors(active devices) being inexpensively integrated into an integrated circuit, was increasing exponentially, doubling approximately every two years.

The same for processing speed, memory capacity and LCD screen-resolution (this includes digital camera sensor megapixels).

The trend Moore foresaw has continued unabated since then -- forty-two years have gone by -- and nobody expects the trend to level off until at least 2020. Maybe even much longer.

So does that mean we can look forward to higher quality hardware at lower cost?

Ram

Ram, while I agree with you entirely - In the world of audio, sometimes the entire package is just - perfect.
Unlike the logical world of computing, audio is a sentimental and emotional hobby, combined with technology. The closest I can find to this is the love for cars. Sometimes a car is just perfect. The 75.4 was just that.

This happens rarely. Like I said, there will probably be something better, louder, clearer and faster, but that 75.4 will always be special. :)

Man, am I glad I got one for myself. Sad that I've not been able to use it for almost a month now, with the car being at the workshop. Itching to hook it up again.

What I liked about it was the placement of the controls on the top, making them more accessible once the amp is installed on the seat back.

What I did not like about it is that the input level adjuster is pretty difficult to use by newbies. There's only low and high markings, no intermediate ones. Also a pointer on the screw would have been very useful. This observation pertains to other amps too.

And no I am not complaining ! Just some observations.

I have read a LOT about the 75.4...its sad that its been discontinued..but however, all good things have to come to an end, so be it...!

But now, I am more tempted and feeling the itch to somehow get one and replace my 60.4 (before the stocks get exhausted!)...am seriously considering it!

I am proud to have two of those in my car and they are doing a good job at that.

Sam, has the production ceased worldwide for this amp? Any chances of seeing this one in the grey market in near future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 607418)
Sam, has the production ceased worldwide for this amp? Any chances of seeing this one in the grey market in near future?

Yes, no more production, worldwide. If there is no production how will you see them in any market lol.

This is indeed sad news.

At that price point there was no other amp that did the job as well at the good 'ol 75.4.

This amp will go down as a classic.

"When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.
"

thats really sad to know as I had this amp in mind for a future upgrade.

Btw Sam since CS series is older GTO tech any chances of this one finding its place in the CS series(I am hoping it does :))

Techno, I checked and there are a few pieces of this amp left in Pune. If you can grab them, nothing like it. But you gotta hurry.

Sam bhai -- Chautha kab hai ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 607450)
Btw Sam since CS series is older GTO tech any chances of this one finding its place in the CS series(I am hoping it does :))

No no, there are no more CS amplifiers made. No GTO technology going to trickle down or anything.
GT5 has its own R&D. So this is truly goodbye.

Thats really sad :(

I hope something if not equally then closely nice is available when I upgrade my ice a few months down the line.

"All good things come to an end."

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 607418)
Any chances of seeing this one in the grey market in near future?

Grey will have stocks for sometime I guess. Unless of course some maniac decides to seek every amp in the market and hoarde it ;)