Team-BHP - ICE setup for my new Palio Stile
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE setup for my new Palio Stile (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/30641-ice-setup-my-new-palio-stile.html)

Hey Guys,

I'll be getting my new Palio Stile in a couple of days. I wanted to know from you guys a decent ICE setup I can do in my car.

I'm getting Sony Xplod Mp3 (with Aux-in & USB input) HU unit as part of the deal. The dealer said he would give two 4 inch front Sony Xplod speakers.

Now I want to know what would be the best combination of speakers I can put in the car. I don't want a very heavy setup (like Sub-woofer etc). I just want to fit two front + two rear speakers BUT clarity in music is of utmost importance. I'll not play the music loud but would like to hear crystal clear sound.

Please advise on two front and two rear speakers. Do I need to replace the free 4" front speakers with something else to get better sound effects. My budget for all the 4 speakers combined is about 8K - 10K (can stretch a little but not much !). Please suggest the models and place/dealer in Bangalore where I can get this setup done.

Thanks Guys !

If possible dump the offer of getting the HU and speakers from the dealership. Ask them for getting the price off from the buying cost of the car.

The fronts of the Palio take 5.25" speakers and the rear take the same size IIRC. At your budget for speakers, look for a good set of co-axials for the front and 6x9's for the rear. Buy a good HU for the money you save from the dealership.

Hey Prashkul, congratulations for new palio stile.

If the interior is same then you can get 5.25" in same setup or 6" 3 way co-axial fitted at front. For that you need to opne the speaker cover on the front door and cut the plastic brder which constricts 5.25 co-axial. I have 6" 3 way co-axial at front in my Palio.

rear, 6*9" are good.

If you buy it from outside (not dealer) you can use that money in getting good speakers.

I cannot change the deal now. So I guess I'll get the Sony Xplod **460** unit (with Mp3, Aux-in & USB). Please suggest the best combination of speakers to go with this unit. I want to fit the speakers in stock locations (no cutting of the front doors nor any MDF tray at the back).

Also, do I need to do any "damping" for this set up?

Thanks for the help guys !

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashkul (Post 610326)
I cannot change the deal now. So I guess I'll get the Sony Xplod **460** unit (with Mp3, Aux-in & USB). Please suggest the best combination of speakers to go with this unit. I want to fit the speakers in stock locations (no cutting of the front doors nor any MDF tray at the back).

Also, do I need to do any "damping" for this set up?

Thanks for the help guys !

Damping usually comes into picture, if you want to install a subwoofer.
you can go for an amplifier also for a quality sound

i would recommend a blaupunkt head unit. it doesnt get loud as a pio hu but has excellent clarity. i got myself a mp36 for about 9k with b&w

I got JVC speakers installed in the back on my new 1.6 Sport yesterday & its really good !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashkul (Post 610326)
I cannot change the deal now. So I guess I'll get the Sony Xplod **460** unit (with Mp3, Aux-in & USB). Please suggest the best combination of speakers to go with this unit.

on a budget (6-8K for 4 speakers) JBL's new GT5 range might be one option. Illusion, Hertz, etc.. will cost you about 9K+ for 4 speakers.

Please avoid the Sony HU and particularly the 4" Xplod speakers. If you can bargain for plain cash discount, I'm sure you'd get a much better deal. :)

congrats on yr new car. if you are looking for co-ax then also check out the polk db series. they are priced most reasonably and have got amazing reviews on crutchfield... come with in-built capacitors that separate frequencies for the bass driver and tweeters. i just got the db 651 (6.5" ones) for 4800. 2 pairs wld be well within 10k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montyguru (Post 613307)
congrats on yr new car. if you are looking for co-ax then also check out the polk db series. they are priced most reasonably and have got amazing reviews on crutchfield... come with in-built capacitors that separate frequencies for the bass driver and tweeters. i just got the db 651 (6.5" ones) for 4800. 2 pairs wld be well within 10k.

No ways! The Polk DB sound terribly bright. I have heard them. Please demo them before paying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottle (Post 611364)
i would recommend a blaupunkt head unit. it doesnt get loud as a pio hu but has excellent clarity. i got myself a mp36 for about 9k with b&w

Yes, your blaupunkt sounded real good, i can vouch for that. However, a basic MP3 CD player with USB is hard to find under 15k. The sony retails at 8.5k with warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 613386)
No ways! The Polk DB sound terribly bright. I have heard them. Please demo them before paying.

I'd have to agree here. And if I am saying they are bright, they must be really bright lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 613402)
I'd have to agree here. And if I am saying they are bright, they must be really bright lol.

I second that from personal purchasing experience. Please demo them before rejecting :D

SOny is all dirt.....Palio can accomodate 6.25'' at the front and same at the rear stock with minor adjustments.
I suggest a comp for front and a 6.25 incher for rear. I personally like rear parcel trayvirgin