Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 22:57   #16
BHPian

My dealer(sales exec) told me so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
your car dealer will install stuff you are buying from outside? at what cost?

tip: there aren't issues with warranty unless you cut wires. most good installers will have wiring harnesses specific to your car, and there shouldn't be any problem (just in case your dealer doesn't agree to do the install).
I'm not sure if the warranty for my car(electricals) would go void if i do installations from outside. Monty thanks for the info, if that is true, i would rather get it installed from a experienced installer than to leave the car to my dealer, I had bad experience with my dealer already, and I do not want to face them again! Wasted my time for a whole day in the pretext of making a delivery, but never delivered on the day it was supposed to be! such insane idiots!
Old 11th November 2007, 23:01   #17
BHPian

I plan to install the following:

1. Amp
2. 1 set of Component Speakers, I wish to install the tweeters in the dash and the speakers on the rear door(6.5")

I will ask the installer to give me a 3.5" jack for my MP3 player that would connect to the AMP and a switch to switch on the AMP.

I plan to buy a HU later, and another set of Speakers may be Ovals later. I would shift the component speakers to the front door, and attach the ovals in the rear.

Would the installer be able to do this without cutting any warranty affecting wires/fixtures?
Old 12th November 2007, 16:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
I plan to install the following:

1. Amp
2. 1 set of Component Speakers, I wish to install the tweeters in the dash and the speakers on the rear door(6.5")

I will ask the installer to give me a 3.5" jack for my MP3 player that would connect to the AMP and a switch to switch on the AMP.

I plan to buy a HU later, and another set of Speakers may be Ovals later. I would shift the component speakers to the front door, and attach the ovals in the rear.

Would the installer be able to do this without cutting any warranty affecting wires/fixtures?
tsk tsk. go through navin's first thread on basic setups.

a comp with bass driver in the rear and tweeters in front?? NO WAY.

go for 6x9 co-axials for the rear. beware of duplicates, used ones sold as new, new ones shown and old installed. then get your front components. stick to one series of one brand. get a 4-channel amp.
Old 13th November 2007, 11:58   #19
BHPian

thank you monty, Although I have red it before, reading it once again now make a hell lotta difference. It helped a lot!

Thanks once again.
Old 15th November 2007, 23:35   #20
BHPian

What experience have people had here with buying Pioneer HUs in grey? Would you recommend doing so, if one used the CD sparingly, and really used FM, Aux-In, USB/iPod sources? (As in is the CD lens basically the main source of failure for HUs?)
Old 16th November 2007, 03:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
What experience have people had here with buying Pioneer HUs in grey? Would you recommend doing so, if one used the CD sparingly, and really used FM, Aux-In, USB/iPod sources? (As in is the CD lens basically the main source of failure for HUs?)
I have used a Pio HU bought without B&W, like many others here. I think Pio HUs are not VFM when they're bought with B&W. Just my opionion.
Old 17th November 2007, 17:13   #22
BHPian

raghu that piece of information is making some sense to me.

Now I think if I need to drop the idea of the AMP and get a Cheap HU (Pioneer series). Even a used would do the job.
Old 17th November 2007, 21:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
raghu that piece of information is making some sense to me.

Now I think if I need to drop the idea of the AMP and get a Cheap HU (Pioneer series). Even a used would do the job.
dude, what does an HU have to do with dropping the idea on an AMP? they both have a different purpose. secondly, think twice before taking a used HU unless you are buying from someone known. it would be better to buy a new HU of LG, Dapic, Auzo or ProSound if you are really really really pressed for money. there probably would be still cheaper ones than these too floating around. but they would anyday be better than being cheated and given a faulty 2nd hand HU that goes kaput in no time. i'll try and figure out this iPod amp thingy and find a solution.
Old 19th November 2007, 03:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Were you planning to get an amplifier without a HU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
it would be better to buy a new HU of LG, Dapic, Auzo or ProSound if you are really really really pressed for money. there probably would be still cheaper ones than these too floating around. but they would anyday be better than being cheated and given a faulty 2nd hand HU that goes kaput in no time. i'll try and figure out this iPod amp thingy and find a solution.
IMO, it is better to get a used 'reputed brand' HU from a reliable source than having a Dapic kinda HU. Just my opinion.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 19th November 2007 at 03:08.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Were you planning to get an amplifier without a HU?
Yup that is precisely what danny plans to do. Power front components with a 2/4 ch amp, the source being his Philips Mp3 player. No Head-Unit plans to begin with!

Cheers
Old 19th November 2007, 20:07   #26
BHPian

yeah - my signature says the story, and prince85 knows it well.
I'm dying to listen to some decent component speakers!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks