Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 20:29   #46
BHPian

@ Bass&Trouble: Thank you for providing your valuable inputs..well as far as my music habit is concerned I listen to a lot of different genres from Hip Hop to '80s pop to soft rock and so on.. so I wouldnt say that I dont need base but I'am not that type who would like to have base at the cost of midrange and high frequency sounds...

Anyways coming back to the point..I might want to get an amp later but for now I would like to play the speakers of the HU itself. I think a pair of good 4" coax should be fine for me at this point of time.

Again, in case I decide to go for 2 way - components in the front will I be able to fit in the mid-woofer in the 4" speaker slot under the dash..and stick the two tweeters at the intersection of the A-pillar and the dash. Remember I dont have slots on the door panels to fit speakers in them.

Is it possible to fit in a 3 way component to a ALTO in the front or will one have to stick to a two way only?

Can you suggest a few good (not very expensive though) component and co-ax speakers for the front.

If I add an amp say after 6 months will running the compo from the HU affect anything adversely?

woooooof I'm still not done...too many questions are still there...infact I'am so confused that this **** is driving me crazy and and giving me sleepless nights...why does installation of ICE have to be so complicated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
OT (owing to clock settings in 7950): In 7950, using PGM button on the remote pauses the track if playing on USB mode. This serves better than going in function mode and selecting pause.
Thanks a lot panky for providing that information...I was wondering why this HU doesnt have any fast forward or mute button...

Further when I play CDs and press a certain number on the remote to go to a certain track it doesnt work..again confused...

Once again guys thanks a ton for helping this dumb dude...

Last edited by sabret00the : 30th November 2007 at 20:33.
Old 1st December 2007, 16:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the
Anyways coming back to the point..I might want to get an amp later but for now I would like to play the speakers of the HU itself. I think a pair of good 4" coax should be fine for me at this point of time.
I would think so too. Get a coax that can handle an amp in the future upgrade.

Quote:
Again, in case I decide to go for 2 way - components in the front will I be able to fit in the mid-woofer in the 4" speaker slot under the dash..and stick the two tweeters at the intersection of the A-pillar and the dash. Remember I dont have slots on the door panels to fit speakers in them.
Yes, that would be the way to hook up a component set.

Quote:
Is it possible to fit in a 3 way component to a ALTO in the front or will one have to stick to a two way only?
You could fit a 3-way if you could cut the door panel and accomodate the woofer and midrange in the door panel. I am not very in favor of putting the midbass in the door, midrange in the stock location (90 degrees wrt to the midbass) etc. That would be a waste of a 3-way which in any case don't come cheap. Some others have had better results with this arrangement, and I am basing my observations on my experience and/ or limitations.

Quote:
Can you suggest a few good (not very expensive though) component and co-ax speakers for the front.
In order of price:

Coaxes:

New JBL coax from the GT5 series, I hear is for about 1450 (??)
Illusion Audio EL 42 - Rs. 2990/-

Components:

Not aware of too many 4" comps. The EL 4.1 is for 4990/-

Quote:
If I add an amp say after 6 months will running the compo from the HU affect anything adversely?
Didn't understand completely. Driven off the head unit, there will be lesser power available for the fronts, thats all. Adding the amp will make it better. No adverse effect on anything. Just ensure the speakers can handle the amp's rated power, thats it.

Quote:
woooooof I'm still not done...too many questions are still there...infact I'am so confused that this **** is driving me crazy and and giving me sleepless nights...why does installation of ICE have to be so complicated?
Lol.
Old 1st December 2007, 16:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
OT (owing to clock settings in 7950): In 7950, using PGM button on the remote pauses the track if playing on USB mode. This serves better than going in function mode and selecting pause.
Panky bhai, in the Pioneers of old, one could press and hold the PGM button on the remote for about 5-6 seconds, then press any button on the stereo and that button would be programmed into the PGM button. Try it, does it still do that?
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:22   #49
BHPian

@ Bass&Trouble : thank you sir...now that's pretty much a comprehensive answer that I was looking for...I guess I'll get myself a set of GT-5 for the front and be happy for the time being and then later on go for an amp.
Old 2nd December 2007, 02:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

@ Sabre - Is the complete GT5 range available here? Am still waiting for the GT5 subs
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Sabre - Is the complete GT5 range available here? Am still waiting for the GT5 subs
Hey Shuva frankly speaking I dont have a single clue as to if GT5 is available in Kolkata or not? Vinay once told me that it's available but he couldnt get me one for my car...he asked me to call him after 15 days or so...Can you find out ?
Old 27th December 2007, 00:27   #52
BHPian

Update: Finally got the front speakers but had to settle for GT5 402

Called up Vinay (GLIX) day before yesterday..he told me that they had the JBL GTO427...they were closed yesterday so today went to GLIX and got myself the front speakers...Vinay told me that the speakers would cost Rs.1800/- without B/W. Seemed reasonable to me so went for it. When I went to the workshop to have the speakers fitted to my surprise I saw a box of GT5 402. I got very angry. Asked the guy at the workshop what's the deal. He tried to explain both are the same stuff...I clarified to him no they are not...he said he dont have any stock of 427s with him. My girl friend was getting impatient so finally settled for the GT5 . Another thing that got me even more disappointed is that the speaker grill couldnt be fitted due to the stupid design of the speaker console on the dash of the ALTO..had to cover the beautiful speaker with the crappy plastic grill that came with the dash
I'am not sure if the price is right or not?

Last edited by sabret00the : 27th December 2007 at 00:38.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:57   #53
BANNED

GTO is anyday better then any GT5 series you could have bought GTO man, anyways put some details about sound quality, what about putting an Amp along with woofer and another Amp for woofer as an upgrade.
Team-BHP tradition to spoil the budget .
Old 17th January 2008, 01:39   #54
BHPian

Okay till date I had the HPF on and set to 80Hz hence I got a very bad sound from the speakers with no low frequency sound at at...thanks to shuvc who tuned my Pio perfectly and now I can feel the real power of the GTO 937...infact I now think I dont even need a sub...but I think next on line is a good 4 channel amp to feed the speakers properly...feedback very happy with the Pioneer 7950 UB and the GTO 937 but I think the GT5 402 is just so so...but I can say overall I'am satisfied..

OT: Had a chance to check out shuvc's ICE on the Baleno...I think the Pio HU + Illusion speakers sound amazing...was pretty much surprised to hear that it was all DIY...

Last edited by sabret00the : 17th January 2008 at 01:45.
Old 17th January 2008, 10:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
OT: Had a chance to check out shuvc's ICE on the Baleno...I think the Pio HU + Illusion speakers sound amazing...was pretty much surprised to hear that it was all DIY...
OT clarification: @sabre, the current setup is not DIY. Though I have tinkered around slightly. The upcoming upgrade (sub, wiring & damping) will be DIY
Old 17th January 2008, 12:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
GTO is anyday better then any GT5 series
Sam Bhai has posted in some thread that the GT5 is laid back when compared to the GTO series. So If one like laid back sound the GT5 is it. Do not compare two products on price factor.
Old 13th February 2008, 18:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sam Bhai has posted in some thread that the GT5 is laid back when compared to the GTO series. So If one like laid back sound the GT5 is it. Do not compare two products on price factor.
My bad LBM my speakers were not tuned properly untill shuvc tuned 'em properly for me from the 7950's audio option...I would say I'am pretty much satisfied with 4 speakers but then again I heard my frnd's Octy with a couple of Sony tweeters on the dash and fell in love with them. He's got a Blau MP45 + 2 x Blau door spkrs + 2 x Blau 6x9 for the rear + a Blau Basstube + 5 channel Blau Amp to help the sony tweeters... That got got me questioning the following:-

Query:-

1) Is something like GTO17t [1" (25mm) Edge-Driven My-Ti™ Tweeter with I-Mount™.] available here in India. If yes then can I add them to my setup say on the dashboard everything else remaining same. Will they make any remarkable difference in the sound quality? Is there is a better tweeter from any other manufacturer or any other model. Oh finally how much do they cost and

2) Is there a budget 5 way Amp with about 40W in two channels and around 80W in the rest 3 channels?

Last edited by sabret00the : 13th February 2008 at 18:16.
Old 13th February 2008, 18:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Query:-

1) Is something like GTO17t [1" (25mm) Edge-Driven My-Ti™ Tweeter with I-Mount™.] available here in India. If yes then can I add them to my setup say on the dashboard everything else remaining same. Will they make any remarkable difference in the sound quality? Is there is a better tweeter from any other manufacturer or any other model. Oh finally how much do they cost and

2) Is there a budget 5 way Amp with about 40W in two channels and around 80W in the rest 3 channels?

Do you highs that much that you plan to add extra tweeters

And how do you add the 5 channel 2 x 40 , 3 x 80 ????
Old 13th February 2008, 19:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Do you highs that much that you plan to add extra tweeters
Didnt understand that sir ??

Quote:
And how do you add the 5 channel 2 x 40 , 3 x 80 ????
I'am a n00b in this area...I guess the 2 x 40W can power the front two GT5s
and the 2 x 80Ws can power the two GTO 937s in the rear...and 1 x 80W I would like to keep as spare to connect a sub later possibly..Is the above setup possible. If not then I'll be pretty happy with a 4 channel for the time being with specs like 2 x 40 + 2 x 80 or sumthing like that...
GA050PA
Old 13th February 2008, 19:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

by highs LBM means treble / vocals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks