Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 12:27   #16

I recently got JBL installed in my Honda City(Honda City JBLed). 30k just for speakers should be able to get you a nice setup.
JBL Power series in the front, co-axials at the back and a 12" sub should be good. You can probably connect the rear speakers directly to the HU while the fronts and the sub are driven by the 4-ch amp.

The JBL dealer from whom I got my setup installed was telling that the stock alpine doesn't have seperate channel out for front, rear and sub. His explanation was rather confusing. Can someone throw more light on this?
Old 15th June 2008, 20:17   #17
BHPian

I have no idea on the outputs of the HU. In the specs it says 45x4, so there may not be another output.

I will try to get the spacers installed tomorrow if I get time. I went for a drive, and there is a resonating noise from the front speakers that is jarring at times. It happens after a beat - so you hear a beat, then a 0.1beat afterwards and it makes you crazy. I'm listening to the rear speakers only now.

Any suggestions for a good installer in Gurgaon?

Simran
Old 17th June 2008, 17:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran View Post
Hi all,

while changing the speakers, the installers cut the wires that attached to the original sockets, spliced them, twisted them with new wires which had leads to connect to the speakers and plugged those leads in the speakers. The part that was cut was covered with black tape. Is this Ok? If not, can I rectify it?

Bass is lacking. For Indian Classic music, tabla etc sounds good, but for Rock, the bass does not satisfy, and there is no punch.

I was thinking that for a speaker replacement, any guy will be able to do a good job. I think I may have been wrong there.

Thank you for all your inputs.

Simran
Alas! Simran, the damage has been done. Another car mauled by ignorant installers. The only way to stop this carnage is to educate yourself and insist that the installer does it to your satisfaction. After all it's you who owns the car and it's your money. You can search for the Getz ICE thread where Gunbir has given a pictorial account on installing ICE the correct way. In fact, you are in Gurgaon, so why don't you PM Gunbir and see if he can help you out.

The missing bass could be due to the speakers wired out of phase, check this out.

And you've learnt it right, an good installer is the best gift one can gift a car after spending hard earned moolah on the equipment. Experience is the best teacher albeit, the more expensive one. Come join the learning curve, it can only get better from here.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks