Team-BHP - Pure SQ setup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Pure SQ setup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31871-pure-sq-setup.html)

Hello Gurus,
I want to upgrade my ICE to pure SQ setup.I am bit confused of my exsisting setup.
Exsisting setup:
HU-Alpine 9830.
Speakers Front & Rear- SPR 17 LS.
Amp-Blaupunkt GTA 480.
Sub-:D Pioneer Pump.
I don't want to change my HU.I am confused here, should i keep the exsisting speakers and change the amp and sub or change everything exculding HU.I need a neat and pure SQ setup.Please help guru's.

Ahhhhh... it begins :)

This is for his Octy (90K kms+). The budget is flexible (to a reasonable extent, and is to be spent in stages)!!! ATTACKKK!!! :D

My views (already given):

HU: Keep the HU.
Speakers: Change the Type-Rs to Hertz HSK165 (2-way Hi-energy comps) in front and Hertz HCX130 (2-way Hi-Energy coaxials) in back.
Amp: A certain Alpine MRV-F345 or Audison SRX4. Later, add a Mono Amp.
Sub: Image Dynamics IDV3 12" in a sealed box
Wiring: Connection Audison 4AWG kit and Connection Audison RCAs, Connection Audison Speaker wiring. All wiring of the "First" range.
Total: 90K to 1L (including damping and the future mono amp, but not including installation charges).

Plan:
Stage 1: Change Speakers, damp front doors
Stage 2: Change Wiring and Amp
Stage 3: Change Sub, Damp boot & C-pillars
Stage 4: Mono Amp.

Jerrish is used to high-end home audio, so he's looking for a nice-sounding system that is laid-back and not bright. Which is why I think the Type-Rs have to go, pronto.

Jerrish, if what I mentioned about the budget is not how it is, please do mention that! I just added the additional info, so that you get more focused /better planned replies.

@Hydra,I like the way you did,it should be more focused.

I think all the Gurus are sleeping.Help me please.
I normally listen to Jazz,Blues,Classical,Pop and rock.Please suggest me a nice setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 638556)
Hello Gurus,
I want to upgrade my ICE to pure SQ setup.I am bit confused of my exsisting setup.
Exsisting setup:
HU-Alpine 9830.
Speakers Front & Rear- SPR 17 LS.
Amp-Blaupunkt GTA 480.
Sub-:D Pioneer Pump.
I don't want to change my HU.I am confused here, should i keep the exsisting speakers and change the amp and sub or change everything exculding HU.I need a neat and pure SQ setup.Please help guru's.

The weak link here is the Sub so I would change that first. One option would be to get 2 good 8-10" woofers and run then using the Blau 480 in bridge mode. The 480 puts out in excess of 150W/4ohms in bridge mode. Budget 20-25K if you get IDs or 6-10K if you get JBL.

Next I would add a good 4 ch. amp the like SX4 or MRV345 (there might be one on sale in Marketplace). Budget 12-15K.

While all this was being done upgrade the wiring like Hydrashok says.

Lastly I would look at the Alpine Speakers. Options are Illusion, Hertz, Infinity, Boston Pro, Polk Momo and more. (Budget 20-25K for from and rear).

Total: 50-80K depending on choices.

Yeah..I was expecting this..:D way to go jerish..

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 638795)
Lastly I would look at the Alpine Speakers. Options are Illusion, Hertz, Infinity, Boston Pro, Polk Momo and more. (Budget 20-25K for from and rear).

Total: 50-80K depending on choices.

Navin you suggested 5 speakers.From that which one is most sutiable for SQ?
@ Suraj,yes buddy i want to select the best.Not the very best hehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 638795)

I would leave out the Boston Pros as they are unnecessarily expensive. The Polk Momos are pretty much rubbish esp. for a SQ setup; they're so bright you'll need shades :D. Listen to the other 3 and then decide; they're all good. Do compare the Hertz Hi-energy, the Infinity Reference and the Illusion Carbons, then it's up to your ears and your pocket. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 638923)
The Polk Momos are pretty much rubbish esp. for a SQ setup; they're so bright you'll need shades :D.

:uncontrol

Thats the first time I've heard a decription like that, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 638960)
Thats the first time I've heard a decription like that, lol.

I think he was quoting Timbuk 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 638971)
I think he was quoting Timbuk 3.

Have heard the Momos, never heard of Timbuk 3; quoting from personal experience. You'll find my Polaroids right below the 2-way fronts :D

1) someone quoted him 70k for the works; he survived a small attack then. So, I guess his budget is less than that.
2)where is the 345? Thought the deal was over...
3) should see his Pio sub! cost him 22k last year. Now you know how some dealers get rich! Will try to post a pic provided Jerry allows me to take a snap next time

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 639023)
1) someone quoted him 70k for the works; he survived a small attack then. So, I guess his budget is less than that.
2)where is the 345? Thought the deal was over...
3) should see his Pio sub! cost him 22k last year. Now you know how some dealers get rich! Will try to post a pic provided Jerry allows me to take a snap next time

345 is not responding.I mailed him no reply.Not 22k it was 22.5k:Shockked: .

Like Hydra said alpine 345 and Hi Energy compos, is that really gives me nice and neat SQ.I am asking because i wanted to get a clean idea.Whenever i want to buy something i am always confused tht was how i bought Pioneer pump for 22.5k:D .

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 639023)

Forget about the budget. We'll make him overshoot his budget, what say JK ? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 638580)
Jerrish is used to high-end home audio, so he's looking for a nice-sounding system that is laid-back and not bright.

@jerish666:

:OT
What audio equipment do you have at home?