Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:49   #16
BHPian

The price for the sub is OK but the box for 1800 is on the higher side I believe. I'd say 1200-1500 max for a 1" MDF box. Also try to audition Blaupunkt in subs. For tight and punchy base, go for a sealed 1 cu ft box.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:33   #17

I have put JBL compos GTO 608C at the front. Its giving nice & clear sound.
I am thinking of putting JBL 6"X9" at rear (without Amp). Please tell me; should I put 6'X9" in different boxes or both speakers in a single. Which option can give me clear & deep bass.I am planning to shred my idea of putting bass tube in my safari. As I have to spend 5k for bass tube/ sub & 7K for a nice Amp.So I am planning to just have 6"X9" at rear.

Also tell me if there is any other good 6"X9" compared to JBL. I auditioned the JBL.They were good.But can you suggest me something which I can audition except; so that I can compare & take decision.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:59   #18

Guys

Last sunday, I auditioned 6X9 of JBL GTO 947, pioneer, Sony, Blaupunkt GTx 693 & I liked most the Blaupunkts. These speakers are way better in my Safari with my Alpine HU than JBL (which I expected best before audition). I am happy with my setupNow total setup is

ALPINE HU (default)
JBL 608C Compos (Front)
Blaupunkt GTx 693 Co-axials (Rear in boxes)
Old 30th December 2009, 19:57   #19
BHPian

Deepak, I upgraded the safari stock speakers to JBL 608C components (Front) and GT5 two ways for the rear door. The prices were 5000 and 2800 respectively with B&W.

Currently all 4 speakers + GZ sub is powered by a JVC 55x4 amp. With this set up I find the bass not really tight enough and with just one pre-out tuning is possible only to a limited extend. Not really sounding the way I wanted it to be, but then the system needs a good tuning to really form an opinion.

Initial feel is that the speakers are way too bright compared to the stock ones and flaws in mp3s really show through as sometimes mushy (lacking detail) and sometimes very bright. Turning down the highs takes too much of detail and cranking up adds too much of it. A bit confused right now, and I feel the best option is to upgrade the headunit to a 3 pre-out one or atleast a 2 pre-out one for better control.
Old 31st December 2009, 05:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

If the speakers are sounding bright for you, 2 or 3 Pre-outs will not make any difference. Having more Pre-outs gives you an advantage for retaining Fader control and having more precise control on the sub.

Changing the front speakers is the only way, other than trying out layers of cloth on the grills till the feeling of brightness goes away (without turning down the highs).
Old 28th April 2010, 14:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishlesh View Post
I
  • Rear Door 6" NIL
Ishlesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nope, you don't need to change the HU.
2. Let HU power rear door 6" loudspeaker.
Can someone confirm the speaker size at rear? Is it 5".25 or 6"?
Old 29th April 2010, 13:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

The space at that location can accommodate any speaker with 167mm OD MAX. at the mounting ring. There is a flat area at the bottom which reduces the effective space to 160mm in the top-bottom axis, and this needs to be taken care of. If there are tabs sticking OUTSIDE the mounting ring, and the outermost dimension is more than 167mm, you can't mount such speakers.

6" = 152.4mm, 6.5" = 165.1mm. 5.25" = 133.35mm (usually mentioned as 130mm).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks