Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 11:31   #1

Blaunpunkt MP27 cost

Hi folks,

I tried using the search utility to find if there was any related post. On not being able to find one, I am starting a new thread. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I am buying a Palio Stile this week. The dealer is willing to offer me a Blaupunkt MP27 Mp3 player with 4 speakers. (Being a total noob, I have no idea of knowing the nuts & bolts of the HU & speakers) The mp3 player comes with a detachable front & has iPod input but no USB. The car has provision for 6 speakers but the dealer said that Blau comes with only 4 speakers. I dont have an idea if I can get 2 additional speakers fitted outside. In addition, he is also giving artificial leather seat covers. (Not much choice here). The car has a 22k cash discount & if I take the music system + art leather offer, I will be foregoing 12k.

Please let me know if it is a good enough deal. Thanks in anticipation.

Rgds
Mithun
Old 17th December 2007, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

blaupunkt head units are good but i suggest you get the cash discount and fit the audio elsewhere with some good component speakers.

i remember last time mp26 was 8.9k and mp36 was 9.5k so i'm guessing the mp27 will be in a similar price bracket
Old 17th December 2007, 13:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase!
While Stile is it? 1.1 or 1.6?

Ask him to give you MP 57 which is a better unit with built-in blue tooth facility so that you can take/make calls through your mobile phone safely. It comes with a separate mic that can be fitted on the A pillar (or elsewhere) so that your voice is also heard clearly by the person you are talking to on the phone. In units with built-in mic, due to the distance between the mouth and mic, voice transmission isn't that good.

Of course it costs more, about 16,000/- plus for the HU.

Last edited by directinjection : 17th December 2007 at 13:07.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:00   #4

Thanks for your inputs guys. However, I am still not clear if the aforementioned costs include the speakers or just the HU?

I havent yet bought the car. Will be booking it in a day or two.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

the oval speakers are usually around 2.5-3k and front speakers start from 1.5k i think so i guess the price of 12k is all inclusive
Old 17th December 2007, 18:17   #6
BHPian

Hi stopOkgo did you check the I.C.E section all your doubts will be cleared there and a word of precaution you may end up spending more after going through the posts
Old 18th December 2007, 10:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi stopOkgo did you check the I.C.E section all your doubts will be cleared there and a word of precaution you may end up spending more after going through the posts
Yeah, I did happen to go through the ICE section. But then, too many things have ended confusing me thoroughly
Old 18th December 2007, 12:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

@stopOKgo,

1) If you do not come to the ICE section to ask these Qs, the ICE section will come to haunt you

2) "Six" speakers is a euphemism. They mean provision for two pairs of speakers and one pair of tweeters.

3) I think your query about the prices has been answered.

4) You will do well to grab the cash discount and get the installation done outside, and not with the dealer.

5) If you fit two pairs of coaxials (one pair in front and one pair in back), you should not get the tweeters installed.

6) Ideally you should fit components in front (one pair of midbasses and one pair of tweeters) and coaxials in back (one pair). That way you'll get best results. Components would be about 4.5K for JBL GT5 series 5.25" comps, or about 3.5K for Blau GT series components. Coaxials will be about 1.8K for Blau 5.25" coaxials, and 2K for JBL GT5 series coaxials.

7) If you want more specifics, do post a budget and we will help.

Congrats on the choice of car 1.1 or 1.6?
Old 18th December 2007, 15:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@stopOKgo,

1) If you do not come to the ICE section to ask these Qs, the ICE section will come to haunt you

2) "Six" speakers is a euphemism. They mean provision for two pairs of speakers and one pair of tweeters.

3) I think your query about the prices has been answered.

4) You will do well to grab the cash discount and get the installation done outside, and not with the dealer.

5) If you fit two pairs of coaxials (one pair in front and one pair in back), you should not get the tweeters installed.

6) Ideally you should fit components in front (one pair of midbasses and one pair of tweeters) and coaxials in back (one pair). That way you'll get best results. Components would be about 4.5K for JBL GT5 series 5.25" comps, or about 3.5K for Blau GT series components. Coaxials will be about 1.8K for Blau 5.25" coaxials, and 2K for JBL GT5 series coaxials.

7) If you want more specifics, do post a budget and we will help.

Congrats on the choice of car 1.1 or 1.6?
Thanks Ashok. Btw, I took a look at your car's pics & it looks awesome

Now I have enough information on picking up an ICE system but where do I fit it? All dealers in Blore are out of stock and the offer I negotiated stands good only till 22nd Dec :( Feel like crying my guts out. Not one black SLX in their stockyards.

On another note, do most car manuf offer free insurance on slow moving models round the year?

-Mithun
Old 18th December 2007, 21:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

i dont think installing ice is an issue , you can contact anyone of the bangalore members and they will help you out. i think blueraven here is an installer

get the cash discount for now rather than settling for any mediocre offers from your dealer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks