Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 13:55   #16
BHPian

X-overs under cover

Hey congrats pal. That's a nice clean install. The meticulous attention to detail is evident.

Amazing prices too. A real steal i'd say.

Do post pics of the dash though. I'm a bit worried about those exposed X-overs. A teaser to prying eyes. what with the baby 800 being ridiculously easy to open.

I too have installed ovals in the same location as you and fas facing the exact problem with keeping the hatch open with the extra weight. A easy solution is to change the shock absorber that holds the hatch up. A sturdier, more heavy duty one should do the job.

Also, i suspect that the reason for the tweeter protrusion is the unavailability of space in the mirror pod. Enlighten me on that one if untrue.

Congrats again and take care.

Warm Regards,
Tanmay.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Why does the tweeter protrude out so much?

Cool setup for the bujjet!
Thank you, sir! There is very minimal gap between the metal and the plastic. It was very difficult to mount it straightaway. I'll post the pictures of install which show that (I am out of town now) and maybe you'll be able to suggest something.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Congrats Raghu on the install.
one question though - is it inconvenient to wind up the front windows. What is the gap between the edges of the spacer and the handle.
RAC, thanks. That is a very good question. The gap is very little and the person rolling the windows up/down has to be careful not to hurt him/herself. However, it is not so bad that the functionality is sacrificed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
I too have installed ovals in the same location as you and fas facing the exact problem with keeping the hatch open with the extra weight. A easy solution is to change the shock absorber that holds the hatch up. A sturdier, more heavy duty one should do the job.

Also, i suspect that the reason for the tweeter protrusion is the unavailability of space in the mirror pod. Enlighten me on that one if untrue.
Thank you Tanmay, for your kind words of appreciation.

What you say is absolutely correct. All your opinions are very much correct.

I'll do something about the boot door as you said, but I was just mentioning the hassle keeping default things in place.
Old 21st December 2007, 19:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
There is very minimal gap between the metal and the plastic. It was very difficult to mount it straightaway.
I know there is little gap between plastic and metal yaar. I am not saying you should have cut a hole and flush-mounted the tweeter. I just meant to say that it looks like the tweeter is sitting on another cup. Wouldnt the back of the tweeter just simply rest on the plastic thing?
Old 21st December 2007, 21:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

A very nice setup and detailed pics. Congrats, Thanks for sharing.
Old 21st December 2007, 21:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Nicely done Raghu and excellently documented. Bravo!
Old 21st December 2007, 22:07   #21
BHPian

Very nice setup. Neatly done.
Old 21st December 2007, 22:15   #22
BHPian

Good, detailed post Raghu!
nice, 'simple' (ahem) install!

Me likes the boot door idea! somehow never seen that before. Also do try and hide the crossovers with a covering or something, with M800 its never a safe idea to leave it out to prying eyes

Congrats!

Elito
Old 21st December 2007, 22:45   #23
BHPian

This is a very neat setup . Well i just have 1 question , How is the effects with the speakers installed in the back door when compared to the box setup or on the tray kinda setup?
Old 22nd December 2007, 05:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munishsurendra View Post
This is a very neat setup . Well i just have 1 question , How is the effects with the speakers installed in the back door when compared to the box setup or on the tray kinda setup?
The speakers sound best when installed on the hatch door. Especially when they are amplified, there is no need for a subwoofer for most people, because the 6x9s produce awesome bass for the M800's small size.

Highly recommended setup.

And, good job, Rockster!!!
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

raghu bhai you can always put the XOs in the dash board, the same place where you keep your documents and other stuff just in front of the front passenger seat, this is a good place if you cant hide it behind the dash board!

well i have done that to my jbl 607c components in my accent viva crdi! at least for now! as it has the + or- 3db option setting in the XOs!

nice setup, do try and upgrade to a better amp for the best sounding music man!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks