Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Subwoofer unit advice? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34430-subwoofer-unit-advice.html)

willy 18th January 2008 12:40

Subwoofer unit advice?
 
Hello friends,

I am going to upgrade my audio in my car. I just got the JBL GT5 A604 amp. I need your valuable advice on what kind of subwoofer unit I have to go for. I did look in to most of the audio upgrade discussions here, but was not convinced because nothing is specific to subwoofer unit (Subwoofer and the box).

I don't want to be heard very loud outside. I just need good sound in side ;).

Please tell me about damping. Should I go for that? What If I don't go for damping in my car?

Please go ahead and give me your ideas.

Thank you.
Willy.S

s0uljah 18th January 2008 12:43

What car, what budget ;)

willy 18th January 2008 12:43

What is the difference between a normal box type and tube type of subwoofer unit? What will best suite my requirement?

willy 18th January 2008 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 692782)
What car, what budget ;)

Esteem. and budget with in 8k

s0uljah 18th January 2008 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy (Post 692784)
What is the difference between a normal box type and tube type of subwoofer unit? What will best suite my requirement?

A sealed calculated box will be the best for you, tight bass and not as loud as ported, tube etc.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ight=enclosure
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ight=enclosure
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ight=enclosure
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ight=enclosure
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ight=enclosure

willy 18th January 2008 12:58

Thanks s0uljah. I will look in to the links you suggested. When we search we don't get specific topics.

willy 21st January 2008 13:12

As suggested by S0uljah, I went through all the information about the sub-woofer enclosures.
I still don't know which one to go for. I don't find anything specific to my requirement.

I am not looking for boom boom sound. I need tight and effective dhum sound. The enclosure should fit in to the esteem boot very easily.

Note: I am not interested to make the enclosure my self.

Thank you guys.

s0uljah 21st January 2008 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy (Post 695587)
I still don't know which one to go for. I don't find anything specific to my requirement.

I am not looking for boom boom sound. I need tight and effective dhum sound. The enclosure should fit in to the esteem boot very easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 692804)
A sealed calculated box will be the best for you, tight bass and not as loud as ported, tube etc.

You can go for a GT4-12" JBL sub its cheap and runs wells for the price. Contact blueraven316 on the forum he can assist in getting a good quality box built for you and complete the install too.

low_bass_makker 21st January 2008 15:47

You are getting better day by day nice to see that.

s0uljah 21st January 2008 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lLORD_OF_LOWS (Post 695818)
You are getting better day by day nice to see that.

Thank you sirji.

I also get the itch from time to time with the search, see what navinji had to say HERE :p

low_bass_makker 21st January 2008 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 695823)
Thank you sirji.

I also get the itch from time to time with the search, see what navinji had to say HERE :p

Hahaha I would love to see other doing what I can do. I will not be out of buiness I will be in buiness.

A GT-4 12 or 15 is the way to go. Contact Blue in your city he will surely hook you up.

DRAGONLORD 3rd February 2008 01:17

Yup, BlueRaven is the guy to meet in Blr, just PM him.

Flintstones 4th February 2008 18:56

Infinity has a great 12" sub for about 9000. . .i got it, simply rocks. . .go for it

nicolsson 4th February 2008 20:06

does any one own a pioneer sub??
havent heard about it here..
id love to buy these..
Pioneer TS-W307D4 Subwoofers
any idea whats the price like, here?

low_bass_makker 4th February 2008 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolsson (Post 710900)
does any one own a pioneer sub??
havent heard about it here..
id love to buy these..
Pioneer TS-W307D4 Subwoofers
any idea whats the price like, here?

It goes for 3-3.5k in grey. They are good sub for that money but you can look out for JBL sub in that price range which is better than Pioneer.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:43.