Team-BHP - Swift: How do you remove the door panel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Swift: How do you remove the door panel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34440-swift-how-do-you-remove-door-panel.html)

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but how do you remove the inner door panel on a Swift (rear door)? Just tell me what to press, where to pull and if I need any tools.

There's a really irritating rattle and its driving me mad. I preponed my 30000 km service just so that I could point this out to the Sai Service guys but they didnt fix it. So I'm gonna have to fix it myself.

Mods, please close/delete this thread as soon as a decent answer comes in. (But not before I read it please).

Things that need to be removed -

RVM panel
2 plastic clips
2 screws

The plastic clips are located one either side of the plastic frame. One is close to the hinges and the second on the other end of the panel. If you lightly press the small dot in the center of the clip it will release.

The screws are located in the slot behind the power window console and where the door lever is.

Once these are off with a little tugging the panel will come off. You will need to then disconnect the harness supplying power to the power window console lying at the back.

One thing though, the rattles might increase

:Frustrati

Thanks sOuljah! Thats exactly what I needed to know. If it still rattles I'll probably go get the rear doors damped (although they dont have any speakers in them!)

Close/delete thread please, unless anyone else wants to vent their frustrations about the endless profusion of rattles in their Swift.

oye what a nice way...where do you got it yaar ?

Oye Soldier, where do you get stuff like that?

I need such instructions for Safari DICOR 3.0!

souljah share if you have copy of works manual please :)

And I need it for my Petra. Nice graphical directions.

i have a pain in the a** rattling sound coming from the driver door panel. It drives me nuts and the A.S.S was not able to rectify it for the last 1.5yrs!

let me try this! thanks mate! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 693270)
souljah share if you have copy of works manual please

Not yet, but maybe we can work towards "getting" a copy :uncontrol

I need something like this for my Indica too !!please:
Quote:

Originally Posted by prabuddhadg (Post 693299)
And I need it for my Petra. Nice graphical directions.

Hahaha.. from where did you come up with those pictures pal.. looks like everyone needs it

Do all cars have such rattles.. ? i thought swift was the one which had all the rattles...

Guys, just a word of caution.. dont do it yourself.. it might worsen it..

Pardon me, he asked for the rear door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 699696)

Do all cars have such rattles.. ? i thought swift was the one which had all the rattles...

Btw - even Australian Swifts are reported to have the now-famous rattling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 699696)
Guys, just a word of caution.. dont do it yourself.. it might worsen it..

Not really. If you have the damping material and adhesive ready, its a DIY. There's no technology inolved here. People go to professional shops since the job gets done quicker.

I have the workshop manual but, copying it is going to be a pain as it is hard bound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 693184)

Souljah, By any chance do you have similar instructions on how to completely dismantle a Swift and then build it up again (puzzle-style) lol: . Just kidding.