Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 13:11   #1
NIP
Senior - BHPian

ICE worth getting from Phoren !

There have been many times when TBHPians have posted here asking about importing or getting down ICE from outside the country. However, we also know that some of the stuff is not worth getting from abroad, as we get better deals here. Lets not get into that.

This thread is for purely stuff thats really worth getting, and discussions on whether it makes sense or not. Also lets not get into a 'dream wish list' mode, lets stick to practical ICE that you might want for your car right now.

And maybe some of the good Samaritan TBHPians returning from phoren can offer to bring some of the stuff down for the others

I'll start with something I'm planning on getting. The Dual XDVD8183 in-dash DVD receiver with 7" full-color LCD touchscreen + Bluetooth (Price: USD 399.99):

Dual's XDVD8183 in-dash DVD receiver features a 7" full-color LCD, touchscreen controls, a strong built-in amplifier, and plenty of toneshaping options. You can play DVD movies while you're parked, or view system info on the secondary display while the LCD screen is retracted. Play your favorite MP3 or WMA files from recordable CDs and you'll see artist and track info on the display.

Connectivity
Built-in Bluetooth® capability lets you make and receive calls through your compatible cell phone, while it stays safely stored away. Dual's exclusive A/V iPlug™ connector includes all the inputs you need to turn the XDVD8183 into a multimedia center:
Read More
  • an RCA audio/video input
  • an auxiliary input for a portable music player
  • an input for Dual's included 2-meter iPod® adapter cable
Install the A/V iPlug in a convenient spot so you can plug in outboard devices without having wires dangling from your dash. Built-in Dolby® Digital and ProLogic II® decoding, along with preamp outputs for all 6 channels, make the XDVD8183 the perfect centerpiece for a mobile theater system.

iPod control
You can control and command any model of iPod, excluding iPod Shuffle, and the 7" screen shows you everything from artist and song to playlists. With a few touches on the screen, you can bring up videos from your video iPod or check out photos you have stored there.

More details here on Cruthfield.
Old 19th January 2008, 15:17   #2
BHPian

I may be mistaken, but I think Dual HUs are not supposed to be very good. So without a warranty, it may be quite a risk to import one.
Old 19th January 2008, 15:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
I may be mistaken, but I think Dual HUs are not supposed to be very good. So without a warranty, it may be quite a risk to import one.
with you 100 %
Old 19th January 2008, 15:40   #4
BANNED

please avoid.. specially such a HU

(20-20-20-20)
Old 21st January 2008, 10:45   #5
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i have a friend who's using this HU in a jeep cherokee for the last two years without issues.

vebmetal/saintsinner, any first hand experiences with dual ?
Old 21st January 2008, 13:35   #6
BHPian

No first hand experience, but there are a lot of negative reviews on Crutchfield across different models of Dual HUs, and most of those people seem eventually to have gone in for a different brand (from what I remember).
Old 21st January 2008, 14:11   #7
BANNED

Buys stuff only if they are giving international warrenty and getting only HU's and Amps or max components are worth rest woofers n all are too heavy carry and it may lead to heavy duty, our Grey market also gives tough competation in terms of rates.
Old 21st January 2008, 14:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Buys stuff only if they are giving international warrenty
International Warranty does not extend to India in most cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks