Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 12:05   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickzCar View Post
A slightly technical question:

How does RMS Power output and Peak power output affects the Sound Quality with same set of speakers?? I have 6" front components and rear 6x9 on tray and going to change my HU. There are no amps or subwoofer and no plans to add one sometime soon.

The current one, Pioneer 7950 has RMS PO as 22 W and Peak PO as 50 W.
The new one that am aiming for, Alpine 9887 OR Blau MP57, has following specs:

Alpine 9887--
RMS - 18 W
Peak - 50 W

Blau Hamburg MP57--
RMS- 25 W
Peak- 45 W

Does this mean that due to lower Peak power output, Blau MP57 will not be able to drive the current set of speakers that well?
Or, in another case, due to lower RMS PO, Alpine 9887 will face same problem?

Can anyone show some light on importance of these factors (RMS and Peak PO) on the sound quality and how does it affects the overall audio feel (for 2 compos and 2 tray oval speakers and nothing else to drive)...
Program power is the maximum power that a speaker can handle over a reasonably long period of time when driven with program material i.e. regular music, while rms is the measurement done in the lab or factory where the speaker is tested over a long term using a test signal comprising of the whole band of frequencies the speaker is supposed to produce and not music (which contains only part of the band at any given point of time).

Note from Moderator: Kindly avoid using [FONT] [COLOUR] tags

Last edited by adya33 : 25th January 2008 at 12:48.
Old 25th January 2008, 17:27   #17
BHPian

Compenents need and amp for best output and INMHO and the pio 7950 has 3 RCA preouts !!! So, i suggest you get a good 4 channel or two 2 channels, if budget constraints, get a 2 channel now for the components and upgrade later with another 2 channel for the rear speakers.

Then next if you wish u can add an amp and sub next.

3 RCA preouts perfect for upgrades !
Old 13th March 2010, 05:11   #18
BHPian

Slightly technical question from an ICE noobie

Hi all,

I am installing a music system for my Tata Sierra Turbo, I have a few questions regarding RMS and power handling...

I have 2 box packed co ax speakers that i want to just fit. Dont have too much dough to spend right now, anyway these are the speakers;

> Sony XS-GTX6930L, RMS 150W,
XS-GTX6930L : Speakers : Xplod Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony Asia Pacific

> Pioneer TS-E1695, RMS 60W (i think )
TS-E1695 - Pioneer Product Archive

Would this setup require an amp to power if i set the Sony in the rear and the Pioneers in front? I dont have much of a budget and still have to purchase the HU. What HU would be suitable for these speakers? USB playability is a must.

Thanks for the help.

Drive on.
Old 13th March 2010, 11:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

@advyth, an amp definitely improves the music that you ultimately hear, but driving coaxials in front is unlikely to give you a great advantage. Since you are on a tight budget, you can do without an amp, but if you have money left over after buying the HU, you could buy an amp. A JBL A644, Kenwood 8404, Blaupunkt GT4 Spl Mk 2 or even a Pioneer 6300 will do wonders. These cost around 6K.

Don't bother about the power handling - they are good enough for driving through either HU or amp.

I hope you are not thinking of putting the Pio coaxials in boxes in front. They should be put on the door pad, and any competent installer will be able to do that.

Look through the threads for models that are available and TBHPians have used, and the facilities that each HU provides. Buy one that suits your needs.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:37   #20
BHPian

Hey Deralte, Thanks a ton for the clarification, Yeah i want to install the pios on the door pads. My plans for later is to get a decent reliable amp, take the pios out and put a sealed box woofer + tweets somewhere in the car. Love the way the sealed box subs sound.

Most Viewed