Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 11:56   #16

Thanx for your reply.

What you have told is correct.i have powered the rear 937 and the sub from the amplifier.The front has JBL coaxials and JBL tweeters.I dont not have the components in the front.
Old 14th April 2008, 12:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

What are the model numbers of the JBL coax and tweeters?
Old 14th April 2008, 13:34   #18

The model of the coaxial is 427 and i am not sure of the tweeter model remember seeing as tweeter is 17T

Thanx and bye
Old 14th April 2008, 18:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusk View Post
The model of the coaxial is 427 and i am not sure of the tweeter model remember seeing as tweeter is 17T
OK. Treat them as a component set and drive them from the front channel of the amp.
Old 15th April 2008, 22:27   #20

this is in continuation of my previou mails.

i have not got another problem.The installer removed the convertor and replaced the sony HU with the pioneer 3090.The front speakers and the tweetres are also working fine.But the strange thing which i observed is that the when the engine is started and the song changes from one to another there is sound which can be heared.The same sound is heared when the volume is made zero.There was no such thing obserevd with the sony HU.The installer contacted the pioneer consultant and he told that this is comon with pioneer Hu and santro.He has suggested to put a noise filter.What is this noise filter and how much will these cost.Is it sfe and good to put the noise filter.(The technicinas tried by replacing all the RCA wires and checked all the grounding).Pls advice me.
Old 15th April 2008, 23:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusk View Post
this is in continuation of my previou mails.

i have not got another problem.The installer removed the convertor and replaced the sony HU with the pioneer 3090.The front speakers and the tweetres are also working fine.But the strange thing which i observed is that the when the engine is started and the song changes from one to another there is sound which can be heared.The same sound is heared when the volume is made zero.There was no such thing obserevd with the sony HU.The installer contacted the pioneer consultant and he told that this is comon with pioneer Hu and santro.He has suggested to put a noise filter.What is this noise filter and how much will these cost.Is it sfe and good to put the noise filter.(The technicinas tried by replacing all the RCA wires and checked all the grounding).Pls advice me.

ooh no!! u have a ghost in your ICE system. its known as alternator whine. very difficult to kill. i have changes the RCA, the whole wiring and what not. i also re-routed the wires as per experts. still a minute whine remains. noise filter wont kill the whine. it will also filter good quality sound signals. please check your earthings properly. also do not use the factory earthing for HU. Please provide a separate earthing for HU.
Mainly search for alternator whine on the forum. All your fundas will be clear.
Old 18th April 2008, 23:20   #22

were u able to kill the alternator whine. if so pls let me know how???
Old 30th May 2008, 21:13   #23

Sir,
I have a new problem no.The whining have disappeared after changing the RCA cables.When the volume is low and when the horn is pressed i get kit kat sound from the speaker.the installer told me that it is not dangerous and he does not know what more to check.Pls tell me whether this is ok and there is no harm in leaving it.If anything else has to be checked please let me know. Thanx in advance
Old 31st May 2008, 11:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

No, you don't have to leave it alone and tolerate that sound. Ask the installer to mount a small value (0.1mF or so) 400V capacitor across the horn contact. This wil bypass the spark that is being produced in the contact which is causing interference.
Old 31st May 2008, 12:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

It's better to have kit kat sound.

Just imagine if you pressed the horn and you heard BOUNTY BOUNTY from your speakers.
Old 31st May 2008, 12:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Just imagine if you pressed the horn and you heard BOUNTY BOUNTY from your speakers.

Waaahh!!! Great advice from the ICE guru Himself!!
Old 31st May 2008, 15:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Remember boys, it's Saturday which is "Sam's Happy Day" much like "Sam's Happy Time" in the movie Transformers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks