Team-BHP - Eclipse-Hertz-JL audio-Jbl(amps) in the swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Eclipse-Hertz-JL audio-Jbl(amps) in the swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/35480-eclipse-hertz-jl-audio-jbl-amps-swift.html)

here goes the list

first the HEAD UNIT its pioneer 6950 with matrix dot display, three preamp outs and two custom settings for the equalizer! here is a picture of the same!

then comes the amps

AMP #1
JBL GTO75.4 that pumps out 145W to each channel at 14.4V, this powers my front and rear fills in the car! here is a picture of the same, sorry it was a little dusty when i captured it!

AMP #2
JBL GTO301.1 mono amp, that powers my DVC sub! here is a picture of the same!

now the front fills!

i have a component setup in the front!
JBL GTO 607C they are 70watts Rms here are some random pictures of their installation!

now the rear fills!

they are JBl GTO 937 6"*9" coaxials with 100watts Rms they are installed on a mdf parcel tray in the rear, here are the pictures!

then the last but one of the most interesting things of the car's ICE! the SUB WOOFER, its a pioneer champion series TS-W307D2 DVC sub that has 400watts rms!, in a ported box that is approximately 32liters!
here is the picture!

and lastly is the bling center light that serves as good reading and good bling blue door light too!

i got it all installed at sproket in ameerpet, the branch of Bangalore sprocket here in Hyderabad! they did a good job!, no stock wires touched, no cuttings now skewing, i made them use clips to join wires all along will post the pics of the clips used to join in the after market wires later!

i though this is a decent set up for my swift after the sony and pio combo in my viva! all the comments and thoughts are welcome!

All looks good. You could have tried a higher position for the tweeters. They are firing away from the listener.

If you have recently bought the setup then try to change your sub to 307D4 and use both the channels of mono block amp... or put your sub into bridge mode to have more bass....

Currently you are using single channel...

Me too almost have same setup in my i10, without the components.....

Pioneer Head Unit 6950
JBL GTO 937
JBL Loaded Enclosure GTO1204 BR (Installed in bridge mode)
Mono Block Amp - JBL CS 300.1 For Enclosure
2 Channel Amp - JBL CS 60.2 For Rear Speakers

The speakers on the door trim looks neat. I hope it should sound well also. I liked the center light too.

Congrats, rider60! Good stuff there :)

It is a good thing you got the midbasses installed from outside the door. It does make a substantial difference in the Swift.

I agree with Moral on the tweeters. But maybe you got it done that way to minimize the highs a bit?

You might later want to add a true-blue port (pipe) into the current hole in the box. Might sound better to you. You can also try plugging the port with some cotton socks (Navin ishtyle) and see if you like the change in sound. The GTO301.1 is powerful enough to handle this sub even in a sealed box, if needed.

Yaar rider what is the port size on the enclosure ? Dia and length.

Nice equipment yash!! The enclosure makes or breaks the subbie performance so with the inputs our experts are giving im sure you can extract optimum performance as per your preferences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldsun (Post 720760)
The speakers on the door trim looks neat. I hope it should sound well also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 720786)
It is a good thing you got the midbasses installed from outside the door. It does make a substantial difference in the Swift.

Prefer stealth install but I was contemplating this too after seeing LBM's great work on his front fill. Was only worried of complications if not done right.

O/T : How come the amp brackets are black and not silver like most of the 75.4 I have seen ? Were they produced in both trims ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 721007)
Yaar rider what is the port size on the enclosure ? Dia and length.

the length is 11 inches and the dia is 2.75 inches! i sourced it from sprocket here in Hyderabad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 720786)
Congrats, rider60! Good stuff there :)

I agree with Moral on the tweeters. But maybe you got it done that way to minimize the highs a bit?

You might later want to add a true-blue port (pipe) into the current hole in the box. Might sound better to you. You can also try plugging the port with some cotton socks (Navin ishtyle) and see if you like the change in sound. The GTO301.1 is powerful enough to handle this sub even in a sealed box, if needed.

well actually i installed the speakers that way so that i leave ample space between the glass and the speaker!, other wise the speakers might get spoilt during the rainy season! dint know that actually would improve the mids, but they some how sounded awesome after that!

i actually used two spacer rings width installed the speakers! and now they are quiet punchy too!

i think i will try and source the pipe but i dont want a sealed box as the bass will not be boomy at all but only tight! i like a little boomy on some songs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldsun (Post 720760)
The speakers on the door trim looks neat. I hope it should sound well also. I liked the center light too.

o yes they do sound better now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitabc (Post 720755)
If you have recently bought the setup then try to change your sub to 307D4 and use both the channels of mono block amp... or put your sub into bridge mode to have more bass....

Currently you are using single channel...

i am actually using both the channels its a dvc sub, just that the D4 version has beefed up maget than this and costs more considerably so settled for this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 720752)
All looks good. You could have tried a higher position for the tweeters. They are firing away from the listener.

i did not position the tweeters on the pillars or the dash because, you all know swift, its well know for the rattles! so dint want to disturb any thing else!, since i have faced it to wards the seats they do a very good job actually!

Hey rider! That is a great setup. Congrats!!

When do I get a demo? PM me your number please.

I don't know why the crossovers are mounted that way. They may come in the way when you're rolling the windows. And talking about that, how come your swift doesn't have power windows?????? I thought it was on all variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 721515)
And talking about that, how come your swift doesn't have power windows?????? I thought it was on all variants.

Its an LDi, the tacho is also missing in the pic (besides fogs) and power windows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 721515)
Hey rider! That is a great setup. Congrats!!

When do I get a demo? PM me your number please.

I don't know why the crossovers are mounted that way. They may come in the way when you're rolling the windows. And talking about that, how come your swift doesn't have power windows?????? I thought it was on all variants.

well my model does not come with power windows and even if i do install the power windows the wires wont come in the way!

The Blue Light actually looks cool, how much did the guy charge for that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 721506)
the length is 11 inches and the dia is 2.75 inches! i sourced it from sprocket here in Hyderabad!

i think i will try and source the pipe but i dont want a sealed box as the bass will not be boomy at all but only tight! i like a little boomy on some songs

I actually thought you did not use a port/pipe, and that there was just the hole in the box. If you already have used a port/pipe then that's that. :)

I think 2.75" dia. for the port should be just a wee bit small. 3" (at least) to 3.5" would have been better, with the length adjusted accordingly (just what I feel, not based on any hard facts/calcs), and hell, if it sounds good to you, leave it as it is!