Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 12:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

need help for subwoofer on JVC KS-F171.

Gurus,
i am having a [SIZE=-1]JVC KS-F171 model car tape in my alto with a set up 6"x9" co-axial speakers at the rear and 4" speakers at the front. the power output on the HU says its 45x4 watts.
at the rear there are two pins stating line out marking on it.i want to put an amplifier and a subwoofer in my alto.
i inquired with some auto accessories shops and half of them told me that if i connect subwoofer it will give me mid range in that. some said it will give low in the subwoofer. and some say it will work perfect and only bass will be amplified.

please tell me what those line outs mean as there is no subwoofer controls in my HU as seen on pioneers and other HU.
[/SIZE]
Old 13th February 2008, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Use an amp with LP filter.

Last edited by jkdas : 13th February 2008 at 12:38.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

your HU has 2 preout. Your sub woofer will work with the rear channel of the HU and will be controled with the rear speakers. So thats why some installer are saying that the sub will give mid out. And if you enable the amps LPF (as suggested by the one liner by our JKDAS) the sub will give Low freq.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

lbm, aint it a pair of preouts?
Old 13th February 2008, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

it has two pins one red and another white, with a badge as line out.but there is no subwoofer control in the HU. how will i control the subwoofer volume / on-off , as you guys do in your Pioneer or Sony HU?
Old 13th February 2008, 14:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
it has two pins one red and another white, with a badge as line out.but there is no subwoofer control in the HU. how will i control the subwoofer volume / on-off , as you guys do in your Pioneer or Sony HU?
That would be the Pre-amp Out. The red and white is audio equipment convention for left and right channel line-out (senior moment: don't remember which is which)

But you say "pins", not sockets. That would mean that there has to be an accessory connector / adapter which will bring these pins out (and ground) to RCA sockets. You will connect the RCA cables (which have plugs) to these sockets on one side, to the sub amp on the other.

The sub amp will have a control pin for remote on/off, which would be connected to the HU remote on/off control pin (check the manual).

Your HU volume control will be the master volume control. The sub relative output level will be set (not 'controlled' which would mean frequent changing like volume control) on the amp Gain control. The HU tone control would be the other control on the sub bass level.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

does that mean that when i control the rear speakers sound the subwoofer will also be controlled. that means that i will hear the vocal and trebble too through the subwoofer. but subwoofer is meant only for bass right?

and i dont have a remote to my HU.will i get a remote for the amplifier through which i can control it? sorry used the word pins. they are adapters/sockets where u can directly use the wires to plug in.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
does that mean that when i control the rear speakers sound the subwoofer will also be controlled. that means that i will hear the vocal and trebble too through the subwoofer. but subwoofer is meant only for bass right?

EDIT: Oh! I just read your post again. You can use a Y-connector for the pre-out and use an amplifier that has LPF. You don't have to worry about the output from your speakers, they are connected to the HU amplifier.

If you plan to amplify the speakers, let us know - things would be a little different there.

Quote:
and i dont have a remote to my HU.will i get a remote for the amplifier through which i can control it? sorry used the word pins. they are adapters/sockets where u can directly use the wires to plug in.
I am not aware of amplifiers that come with remote controls. Some amplifiers do have sub level controls, but I doubt the gain controls.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 13th February 2008 at 15:39.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

JVC - The Perfect Experience

The preout output will be depended with the Volume control I think the front and right has no concern with it. And Deralte Ji I think it will be RCA out there. And the left is white and red is right.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 13th February 2008 at 15:53.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
EDIT: Oh! I just read your post again. You can use a Y-connector for the pre-out and use an amplifier that has LPF. You don't have to worry about the output from your speakers, they are connected to the HU amplifier.

If you plan to amplify the speakers, let us know - things would be a little different there.
Can u please suggest me some amplifiers that have LPF ? what do u suggest ? shall i amplify the rear two speakers also?
Old 13th February 2008, 16:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can u please suggest me some amplifiers that have LPF ? what do u suggest ? shall i amplify the rear two speakers also?
Nearly every amp has a LPF on it. Get a two channel amp and run the sub on it. Or get a 4 channel run the front stage or oval with it on 2 channels and bridge the other two channels to run the sub on it.
Old 13th February 2008, 16:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am so sorry about my previous post. As LBM rightly pointed out, you don't need a Y connector if you're installing just a 2-channel and a sub. You'll need it only if you're getting yourself a 4-channel amplifier.

Again, as LBM said, you have LPF on almost all amplifiers. Even the sony 4-channel amplifier that I had, had it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks