Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 23:50   #1
bkm
BHPian

Only front two speakers

I intend to start with pioneer 4050 hu and illusion EL 4.1 in Chevy spark , will it be good /sufficient . what is the lowest frequency I will hear.
I do not want to put rear speakers as it ostructs the boot space.
any other suggestion? will JBL GTO407 will be better.
Pl advise quickly.
thanks
Old 19th February 2008, 10:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
I intend to start with pioneer 4050 hu and illusion EL 4.1 in Chevy spark , will it be good /sufficient . what is the lowest frequency I will hear.
There will be considerable lack of bass. 4" woofers dont produce much below 80Hz.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:40   #3
BANNED

How ab out dash + front doors??

Does not the spark have provision for speakers in the doors?
Old 19th February 2008, 17:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

2 speakers wont do justice to the music you play -whatever it maybe.try fixing the back speakers too if the boot in question is not that required.or you can fix the speakers on a tray or speaker box which can be unpluged and removed when you need the boot.
ram
Old 19th February 2008, 17:21   #5
BHPian

Two speakers are okay. I have Illusion EL 6.1s in the front running off the HU. Good sound for what it is, but ram_hyundai is right. Sooner or later you will miss the immersive sound that comes with rear speakers / sub. I ran out of money but hope to upgrade soon.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

See EL 4.1 at front is the best option you have if you don't want any cutting of doors & no rear speakers. I would advise you to first get this setup, later on if yo feel the need for more wholesome sound you can add on rear speakers.

Another thing that you can do is to get two boxes made for a pair of good 6X9 speakers & keep the connections such that they can be easily removed as & when you need boot space. Basically have plug socket kind of arrangement for rear speakers.

This should solve the problem.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Without a sub any car audio setup is not complete. Put the 4 inch first later on add the sub and a 4 channel amp to complete the setup.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Without a sub any car audio setup is not complete.
Why am I not surprised!

Some may call their setup 'complete' with just 4 speakers, some may say a setup is incomplete without a cap, performance battery and a monoblock. Well, we all know there is no end to ICE, but I am not sure where you draw the line and call it 'complete'.

Old 19th February 2008, 19:54   #9
BHPian

I started of thinking two 6" in front will be sufficient. But finally ended up with two subs and 5 channel amp.

4" speakers tend to fail if you don't have a crossover. I have experienced two such instances - my Wagon R (blau coaxial) and my cousins Wagon R (boston comps). The low bass note supplied by HU directly to the speakers will do the damage.

My suggestion is go for a good 4" components now and beware not to play it loud. Then, when time and finance permits, add a 4channel amp and a sub. You will enjoy the setup.

Alternatively, if you are in tight budget, you can have a 4" components in the front and 6x9 in a box under the front seats. You can save the cost of amp and save the boot space. You can have decent bass and if required, you can cut the tweeter connection in the 6X9. The same setup can be applied with 4 channel amp also.

Last edited by RobertClive : 19th February 2008 at 20:14.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Why am I not surprised!

Some may call their setup 'complete' with just 4 speakers, some may say a setup is incomplete without a cap, performance battery and a monoblock. Well, we all know there is no end to ICE, but I am not sure where you draw the line and call it 'complete'.

Hmmm

The bare minimum setup which I can recommend to anyone would be
  1. HU (8k)
  2. Component Kit (6k)
  3. 2 channel amp or a mono (which is cheaper) (4k)
  4. one sub (4k)
The component will be driven thorugh the HU and the 2 channel bridged will drive the sub. Total would be (8+6+4+4) 22 k for a good budget setup.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
2 speakers wont do justice to the music you play -whatever it maybe.
Tell that to the competition systems worldwide

Honestly for those on a budget I dont see the point in spending on rear speakers. Do yourself a favour and spend that additional money on better larger drivers for the front or on .....*drumroll* damping !!!
Old 20th February 2008, 20:41   #12
bkm
BHPian

I put the two 4.1 illusion in my spark with pioneer 4050 HU . After setting the high pass filter to 100Hz , i am getting very decent , clear and filling sound . Though I am missing very low frequency , but there is enough of mid bass. I can safely say that if one does not want very loud boom boom kind of a system , this set up is highly recommended for sweet listening.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:42   #13
bkm
BHPian

I forgot to mention there are no rear speakers , only two EL 4.1.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:44   #14
bkm
BHPian

put the two 4.1 illusion in my spark with pioneer 4050 HU . After setting the high pass filter to 100Hz , i am getting very decent , clear and filling sound . Though I am missing very low frequency , but there is enough of mid bass. I can safely say that if one does not want very loud boom boom kind of a system , this set up is highly recommended for sweet listening.
Old 21st February 2008, 12:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Total would be (8+6+4+4) 22 k for a good budget setup.

22k is NOT budget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks