Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Effect Of Budget 2008 on ICE prices!!

hello folks,
what do u think will be the effect of budget 2008 on the prices of the ICE and accessories?
today i had been to the pioneer dealer. he asked me to wait till 1st of april as the prices will be much low for the new lot that he has ordered. this in effect of the excise duty cut declared by our dear, honorable and mighty Finance Minister.cheers:

Please do a market survey and let everyone know which all ICE systems will go low.

Old 2nd March 2008, 22:49   #2
BHPian

How will excise duty cuts affect prices of imported stuff??? Import duty cuts i can understand..but excise duty ??? Im eager to know... Unless Pioneer is now made in India
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
How will excise duty cuts affect prices of imported stuff??? Import duty cuts i can understand..but excise duty ??? Im eager to know... Unless Pioneer is now made in India
even i was wondering this. but since the pio dealer is saying prices will go low then might be they will go low.
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

aaah this news is music to my ears, as i need a few ice parts for me and my friends, when i check the price fall i will surely put it up here, if others have any info please come forward and post!

okay the pio is cutting the prices, now which other brands are offering the discounts? please post thank you in advance!

Last edited by rider60 : 3rd March 2008 at 00:55.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:44   #5
BHPian

I would imagine that if any price cut is made it will only be with b&w products, and not grey, right?
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
I would imagine that if any price cut is made it will only be with b&w products, and not grey, right?
but if the B&W prices are lowered its obvious that grey will also reduce by some margins.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

I dont know what is the basis for all these assumptions. The dealer has predicted lower prices for Pioneer grey or official?

If its for grey, that has nothing to do with budget. Its because right now the grey Pioneer is in short supply, and a huge amount of material is expected to be freed soon.

There is no change in the basic duty on electronic products. If at all, prices only look set to increase since there has been a demand for this from a lot of quarters, especially Asian manufacturers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks