Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 09:06   #1
BHPian

alpine HU with USB support and 6x9 speaker placement

hey guys ,
which alpine HU support USB. ??? I am planning to get one from the US through friends . I went through the alpine USA website but couldnt get what i was looking for .
Another piece of information i was looking for is is there and alternative location for fitting 6x9 speakers in a swift ??? I donot want to loose out on the boot space. I did consider using oval speaker enclosures but i couldnt find much support for the same amongst team BHp members. Is it recommended ???? any other location ???? . i currently have the JBL CS 125 6.5" doin duty in my car fitted in stock locations in the rear door. BUt i was missing the bass and didnt wanna go for a Sub .

cheers
Old 4th March 2008, 11:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Alpine 9886 has USB.

Put 6x9s on the parcel tray. There is no problem with putting the speakers in boxes, but that will take up too much space.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:53   #3
BHPian

hey B&T ,
many thanks for your reply. as you can see i am still finalising my setup. . Actually i do not want to use a parcel tray as i travel frequently and a large suitcase is a problem if i have a parcel tray . Thats why i'm confused as to what to do . do let me know what can be done . What about underneath the seats???? i think someone mentioned that in a thread once .
Old 4th March 2008, 13:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how much the 9886 costs ? and is it available yet ?
Old 4th March 2008, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf_thewise View Post
Actually i do not want to use a parcel tray as i travel frequently and a large suitcase is a problem if i have a parcel tray . Thats why i'm confused as to what to do . do let me know what can be done . What about underneath the seats???? i think someone mentioned that in a thread once .
You could use the sides of the boot (near the rear wheel well projections) to fit the 6x9. A simple 1/2" MDF mounting will suffice (fiber glass would be neat, but who will make it for you?).

Below which seats? Are you talking of the sub or the 6x9? Small boxes for 6x9 might fit below the front seats, facing back and up towards the rear seat passengers. No idea about the resulting sound image for the rear passengers, though, but definitely the grill might get kicked-in once in a while.
Old 4th March 2008, 14:07   #6
BHPian

hey der alte ,
i kinda like the idea of placing speakers along the sides of the boot. But i'm pretty sure very few installers will know what i'm talking about. Really appreciate if you could elaborate on as to how it is to be done .

cheers
Old 5th March 2008, 12:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen a fitting that allows for speakers to be fitted on the sides of the trunk of the Swift. This is available for the Santro. I also dont see how one can shove 6x9s under the front seats.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I have not seen a fitting that allows for speakers to be fitted on the sides of the trunk of the Swift. This is available for the Santro.
If @gandolf_thewise-ji posts a pic of the boot of his Swift, maybe we can visualize and suggest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I also dont see how one can shove 6x9s under the front seats.
That was half in jest, since I could not visualize how the soundstage would be for the rear passengers if they had speakers near their feet. Looks intuitive, but may not be actually - this is just an intellectual exercise!

Practically, sure, you would just need to build small boxes with triangular ends (but rectangular faces):
.....______________
..../ ....------......../\
.../....(...Oo...).... /...\
../ ......------...../......\
/_____________/______\

(Hope the line drawing comes out right) Mount the speakers on one face , and keep them on the floor under the front seats facing aft. The 6x9s will face up towards the rear seat passengers. Unlikely to cause interference to the front sound stage. (You can build a CCTB mock-up and check)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks