Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2008, 21:17   #1
BHPian

Pioneer 6950 CD Eject problem

Guys, my Pio 6950 is just 4 months old and its already giving problems. The CD doesnt eject fully. When i press the eject button, only ~1 cm of the disc come out, then i have to pull it out manually.

I think the problem is with the soft packing on the lower egde of the 'slit'. Its rubbing against the CD.
Old 9th March 2008, 21:33   #2
BHPian

i also have a pioneer HU and was experiencing the same problem. however after a couple of days it sorted out and didnt bother about it after that.

however now the cd does not come out at all, not even the 1 cm it used to. been having this problem for about 3 days now.
Old 9th March 2008, 21:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

the foam used at the slot becomes hard due to heat results problem in letting the CD out... it happenes in most of the HU but Pioneer is the No.1 in its place.(this is what i have noticed in all my Hu till now) get it serviced and the problem will go.
Old 9th March 2008, 21:53   #4
BHPian

apart from the ejecting problem the 'source' button which is used to switch between radio and cd player sometimes also stops working.

is it only button malfunctioning or is there something wrong wit the HU??
Old 9th March 2008, 22:16   #5
BHPian

My Pio which is almost 4yrs old gives me this problem from three months of it's use and now i'm used to living with it
Old 9th March 2008, 22:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Aha ! and i thought I was the odd man out, when my Pioneer started refusing to part with the CDs : looks like this is a common problem.

Anyway, my solution is to try the eject button a couple of times, then switch on/off the HU : if this does not work, then use another CD to cajole the one inside to come out, this has worked so far
Old 9th March 2008, 22:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does it show any error code when trying to play CD's?
Old 9th March 2008, 23:03   #8
BHPian

it shows nothing. it merrily keeps on playing the radio.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Get the HUs serviced, guys!

Simple thing: the belt that drives the carrier mechanicals (which holds the CD while accepting or ejecting it) from the drive motor would be slipping on its pulley. This prevents sufficient force from being delivered to the mechanism, hence its malfunction.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:20   #10
BANNED

A simple problem caused by D U S T ! Get the HU blown with some low pressure air. Or if you're comfortable with opening things and putting all back comfortably, then open the HU cover and clean all dirty parts which moves. Be careful with the lens though.
Old 10th March 2008, 11:31   #11
BHPian

No, it isnt dust. I had the same problem with my old Pioneer 5850. My dealer said it was common among most pioneer cd players, so he just opened the HU and removed the foam which protects the HU from DUST.

He did this only because I told him that I never remove my faceplate. Otherwise, the dust would enter and cause the HU to malfunction. Always protect your HU, speakers and amp's from dust and they'll have a longer life.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:14   #12
BHPian

Another thing which I have noticed is the type of music CDs I use. I get this problem only when I use cheap CDs being bought form road side. Never had this issue with CDs Sony written at home.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks