Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 11:26   #31
BHPian

Need help for cs1204 subwoofer enclousure

Navin sir,
can you help me getting sealed box dimension for JBL cs1204 woofer its not there in jbl website.PMed SAM 3days back could not get any response from him - i think he has busy schedule.I need to complete the box this weekend.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:31   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The subwoofer manual (GT5-12) recommends 28 Lit for a sealed enclosure which is a shade below 1 cuft (including the driver displacement). Whatever it is, it sounds real clean. Best part, good punch even at low volumes, which is what I really wanted.
What matteers is how it sounds. Everything else is incidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Navin sir,
can you help me getting sealed box dimension for JBL cs1204 woofer its not there in jbl website.PMed SAM 3days back could not get any response from him - i think he has busy schedule.I need to complete the box this weekend.
I dont have any access to these figures. I would try google if I were you.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:57   #33
BHPian

[I dont have any access to these figures. I would try google if I were you.[/quote]
I have already tried google no detail available for cs1204 nor in their website.But the parameters are similar to GT4-12 can i use the same dimensions?Its 1Cu ft.
Also i am not able to get glass-wool in Bangalore (dealers are not ready to sell small quantities).Can i use polywool which are used in jerkins/sleeping bags.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[I dont have any access to these figures. I would try google if I were you.
I have already tried google no detail available for cs1204 nor in their website.But the parameters are similar to GT4-12 can i use the same dimensions?Its 1Cu ft.
Also i am not able to get glass-wool in Bangalore (dealers are not ready to sell small quantities).Can i use polywool which are used in jerkins/sleeping bags.[/quote]

dont use glass wool.its a itchy stuff. and also if u try to put it in ported box small fibres and bits of it come out. i have tried it myself. i removed all that crap out and had to get the whole car vacummised.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:59   #35
BHPian

[quote=amit_mechengg;
dont use glass wool.its a itchy stuff. and also if u try to put it in ported box small fibres and bits of it come out. i have tried it myself. i removed all that crap out and had to get the whole car vacummised.[/quote]

I know that happens in ported enclosures-(i have experienced it when i made my first speaker box).But i have not used any other material.So i was thinking is it possible to use polywool in sealed enclosure.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that happens in ported enclosures-(i have experienced it when i made my first speaker box).But i have not used any other material.So i was thinking is it possible to use polywool in sealed enclosure.
With ported enclosures it is a simple matter of gluing a piece of dupatta cloth over the inside opening of the port pipe.

Yes, you can use polywool. If it came in a plastic bag, transfer it to an old cloth cushion / pillow bag and stuff the same into the sub box. If you got it as those small cushions without cover, stuff those in as it is. Take care to nail them down so that they dont slosh around inside the box and foul with the back of the cone.

Even well dried coir would do, as long as you stuff the bag well to increase density.
Old 30th March 2008, 14:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, you can use polywool. If it came in a plastic bag, transfer it to an old cloth cushion / pillow bag and stuff the same into the sub box.
Thanks for the input DerAlte.
I have some left over material when i made sleeping bags for my trek group.They are in the form of sheet.I will glue/nail them .Any hint on quantity can be used in 1.2Cu ft box.Sheet is about 4-6mm thick.
Old 30th March 2008, 15:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

CS1204 is the same as GT4-12. You can check out the specifications of CS1204B, the sealed enclosure made by JBL.

I am posting it for you here:

JBL Site
Quote:
General
Type Sealed Subwoofer Box
Power Handling, RMS250W
Power Handling, Peak1000W
Frequency Response40Hz — 300Hz
Impedance 4 ohms
Dimensions (H x W x D)410mm x 380mm x 370mm (16-1/8" x 15" x 14-9/16")
External Site:
Quote:
Frequency Response: 28Hz - 450Hz
Sensitivity: 93dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Voice-Coil Diameter: 50mm
Cut-Out Diameter: 283mm
Mounting Depth: 161mm
Overall Diameter: 311mm
Vas: 100.45 liter
Qts: 0.43
Fs: 24.75Hz
Qes: 0.46
Qms: 6.46
Sealed Enclosure (vol): 28L
Vented Enclosure (vol): 64L

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 30th March 2008 at 15:59.
Old 30th March 2008, 18:46   #39
BHPian

[quote=rocksterraghu;776959]CS1204 is the same as GT4-12. You can check out the specifications of CS1204B, the sealed enclosure made by JBL.
Thanks ,rocksterraghu
Ihave alredy completed the wedge shaped enclosure yesterday. (H*W*D1*D2 15*15*18*12).I will use polywool inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks