Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 18:33   #1

Fiesta Vibration Damping

Dear fellow motorheads...

I have a Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq SXI, bought Aug06. Very happy with the car so far. Does very little driving in the city but goes for interstate long drives often.

I'm pretty satisfied with factory fit music system ford provided - a 6CD in dash player/changer and good speakers to support. The problem is, when I increase the volume beyond 13-15, I'm irritated by the vibration sounds coming from the glass/doors. I usually play jazz/blues and occational spikes of some hip-hop or rock when on trips with friends.

I have heard about self adhesive butyl rubber based damping materials like Dynamat, Second Skin Deamplifier etc; that helps in reducing vibrations and isolate exterior noise considerably. Can anyone help me find a dealer/installer in Bangalore? It would be great if you can give me an aprx cost of such a treatment.

Also, does anybody know the make of the factory fit music system (HU/Spks) in the Fiesta?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by unleash_me : 14th March 2008 at 18:41. Reason: add-on
Old 14th March 2008, 22:33   #2
BHPian

My 2007 Fiesta Zxi Petrol came with Kenwood MP3036 head unit & 4 50W Nippon speakers.
Old 14th March 2008, 22:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Unleash_me,

Is your query about damping or OE HU? With the later answered by Wolffe and the former addressed here, its time to close this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks