Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 12:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
are you satisfied with blaupunkt amp as am also planning to pick one real soon!
Replied via PM. Please check
Old 10th December 2008, 00:09   #17
nitin.dangayach

Are tell in the forum na. Even I am looking forwrd to buy the mk2.

Old 10th December 2008, 10:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Are tell in the forum na. Even I am looking forwrd to buy the mk2.
Here's what I had written to Chiragh. Please keep in mind that I got my amp aound July 2008. According to recent posts (in fact by Chiragh also), the amp costs less than 5k with B&W.

Quote:
Hi Chiragh,
I got a Blaupunkt GTA4 MK2 amp for Rs 6300 with B&W. I was also contemplating between this, JBL GT5 A604 and Kenwood KAC 8401 amp. All three are budget amps. Infact, you will get the JBL amp for around 6k (grey) and Kenwood amp for around 5-5.5k (grey).

However, I chose to pay a little higher and go for Blaupunkt because:
1. B&W, so gives me peace of mind if something goes wrong
2. Had read and heard a lot about JBL amps being prone to overheating and alternator whine. Infact my installer told me not to go for GT5 series amps as he had encountered a few failed pieces (~5-7 day old amps!)
3. Kenwood was my closest choice but specs wise I liked Blau more

I did not have the liberty to listen to all 3 amps on my set of chosen equipment, so it was not really an informed decision. It was more like a calculated risk! I am happy with the amp till now.

I use 2 channels to drive front components (Illusion Electra 6.1) and rear bridged to drive GZ 12 inch woofer in a sealed enclosure. The amp gives sufficient power to the GZ sub i.e. good enough for my usage. People might argue that GZ sub will play better with higher power being fed, but I really dont know and havent explored that option.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:06   #19
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Kenwood was my closest choice but specs wise I liked Blau more.
Thanks for sharing this Nishant.
BTW I'd be interested to know what made u choose the Blaupunkt over the Kenwood ? May be its the power but I am seeing the 8401 has more than 100 db SNR. I guess that one would give better SQ. I might sound noob but can somebody enlioghten me ?

Old 12th December 2008, 14:28   #20
tez
BHPian

hi guys, did not want to start off a new thread for question on same brand of speakers. Can you advice whether JBL GTO638 are good? I want to avoid using parcel tray for speakers. Also advice whether these can be run using HU? I am planning to use Pioneer 3050 to run the 4 speakers. No amps or subs for now.

Last edited by tez : 12th December 2008 at 14:31.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:08   #21
BHPian

whats the price of GTO 937 at present??and if possible price of 507c too!!thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks