Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 23:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
Guys

Eclipse is the best u can get, but its helluva costly and the specs are really mindblowing, I am dying to get a CD7100 in my SX4, but the cost is 44K, i cant afford that much , waiting for price to come down, but believe me i heard one setup in mumbai and it blew me away
It might be too late, cos the CD7100 or CD5100 are out of stock in most places in the USA, so stocks going out real fast, so buy as soon as you can if there are any good prices online now. I wanted a CD5100 last week in the US, and I did not find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What is the prevailing price of the 7200, boss? Who is the distributor / service agent in India?
Am not sure, but think it will be very high. It's one killer head unit though. (CD7100)
Old 27th March 2008, 23:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the prevailing price of the 7200, boss? Who is the distributor / service agent in India?
No official price out on it yet from PTC (off. dist.) but going by the 7100 pricing, I expect it to be 2 x US retail!?!
Old 28th March 2008, 08:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of weeks back, I found Eclipse 7200 New in Box for $375 at EBAY USA.

Now that I have almost decided to buy Eclipse CD3200 ($220 shipped in EBAY), but I am not able to see even one online store in US which has it in stock. I have already waited for more than a week, but everywhere (including ebay sellers) say that this particular model is backordered . If I dont find it within the end of this week, I have to opt for Alpine CDA-9886 from a reputed EBAY seller for $240 shipped
Old 28th March 2008, 08:27   #19
BHPian

eclipse cd5100 vs cd3200

another question floating in my mind is the comparison between eclipse models cd5100 and cd3200. I agree that the new cd3200 is from a lower series as compared to the older cd5100. But cd3200 has all the features that cd5100 has along with some worthy extras like bluetooth/usb.

Surprisingly the much newer and better loaded CD3200 is priced at $195 (EBAY), whereas the older CD5100 is sold at $320 by the same EBAY seller - this pricing in EBAY is not an exception, but is seen across many other stores. I cannot convince myself of why Eclipse will price CD3200 so low with all the features - is that Eclipse taking a cost cutting route lately (in the newer 2008 series) ?
Old 7th April 2008, 14:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is there any basic difference in the CDE and CDA series of Alpine HU's?
Old 7th April 2008, 20:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
In what terms do you say SQ is better of 9887 when compared to P80
s this.

I don't think this is the right thread to discuss this.

There is a thread on the discussion of both the HUs. why not discuss these HUs there?

cheers
Old 8th April 2008, 09:52   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
the most significant difference is the fewer pre outs (usually only 2) in the CDE. The CDAs have 4-6.
Old 8th April 2008, 09:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the most significant difference is the fewer pre outs (usually only 2) in the CDE. The CDAs have 4-6.
hmmm .. any processing (and hence SQ) difference ? Say between the 9881 and the 9883?

I guess the 9881 is the only CDE with 3 pre-outs?
Old 8th April 2008, 11:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi zucchero did you get the 9887 online and does it tune to all radio stations,last time when i had mailed Crutchfield regarding the FM tuning thing they said US Alpine HUs don't have European tuning so it won't work in India.My mom right now is in US if its working fine i will tell her to get it by the way how is this HU
Alpine CDA-9886 CD receiver with MP3/WMA/AAC playback at Crutchfield.com
You are right. Alpine 9887 and 9886 bought from US do not support European tuning! There is simply no option in these models to change the regain settings. Looks like Alpine strangely has removed this feature from 2007/ 2008 models. There are separate models CDA 9887R and CDA 9886R which supports European tuning and available of course in Europe. Prices are on the higher side. I have Alpine CDA 9886 which jumps to odd frequencies.
But as many here have mentioned, these HUs would ‘work’ in India. If you observe most of the FM stations here are positioned at the odd frequencies like Radio city 91.1 MHz, Radio Mirchi at 98.3MHz and so on. You would have to compromise on some of the AIR’s channels and some other odd stations which work in even radio frequency. I have no issues with my HU for this limitation.
Old 9th April 2008, 01:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
AFAIK all the 988X series have - 3 PreOuts

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.[]=CDA-9884&model[]=CDA-9883&model[]=CDE-9881&model[]=CDE-9874&source=/US-en/products/series-c.php&category=AV_HU

Quote:
Quote:
hmmm .. any processing (and hence SQ) difference ? Say between the 9881 and the 9883?

I guess the 9881 is the only CDE with 3 pre-outs?
There is no difference in general sound features of the alpine models.

What does change in Blue tooth / satellite radio / Equalizer controls / cd changer controls etc.

For eg 9881 Vs 9883 only difference I found on the alpine site and other us forums what the 9883s satellite capability which is useless in India (at moment).

What I found shocking was that the remote is provided only 9884 onwards
And that it wont pick up certain Indian FM stations?!!?!?!!

Why am I beating the cow and how do I know all this being a ICE novice? Cause I asked someone to pick up the 9881 from the US and its on its way.

Can someone figure a workaround this Radio region issue? dont tell me I cannot fine ture to get Radio Indigo and I should get a Aux radio in?
Old 9th April 2008, 10:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
... Why am I beating the cow and how do I know all this being a ICE novice? Cause I asked someone to pick up the 9881 from the US and its on its way.

Can someone figure a workaround this Radio region issue? dont tell me I cannot fine ture to get Radio Indigo and I should get a Aux radio in?
The correct term, I believe, is "flogging a dead horse", and that is what that emoticon represents!

Relax, @Ironwolf, all is not lost. The "feature" that you are talking of is the frequency increment used in Auto-tuning. Though I don't have personal experience of the models you have listed, I think it is possible to tune any station by manual tuning and storing. The frequency increment of manual FM tuning is 0.05MHz normally, sufficient to catch Radio Indigo and others.

Maybe other Alpine HU owners can corroborate that?

Last edited by DerAlte : 9th April 2008 at 10:23.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The correct term, I believe, is "flogging a dead horse", and that is what that emoticon represents!
Ahem - Pardon-e-moi?

Quote:

Relax, @Ironwolf, all is not lost. The "feature" that you are talking of is the frequency increment used in Auto-tuning. Though I don't have personal experience of the models you have listed, I think it is possible to tune any station by manual tuning and storing. The frequency increment of manual FM tuning is 0.05MHz normally, sufficient to catch Radio Indigo and others.

Like I said.. I am sure we can manually tune it (and store it) to get it right.
can't I????
Old 9th April 2008, 13:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I think it is possible to tune any station by manual tuning and storing. The frequency increment of manual FM tuning is 0.05MHz normally, sufficient to catch Radio Indigo and others.

I have 9886, bought from Japan but made for American market. FM frequency range is from 87.7MHz to 107.9MHz. You can do manual tuning but again and in manual tuning frequency jump is 200KHz e.g. if you start manual tuning at 90.9MHz next jump is at 91.1 MHz. I could not find any ‘fine tuning’ option in 9886 to compensate this problem. Same is the case with 9887, owners of 9887 may confirm this.
There is one more option which I need to check and will update soon. Alpine calls it Frequency search function. If you know frequency of the broadcasting station, you can directly enter the frequency values rather than searching. I need to check if this option takes all the values within frequency spectrum
But there are NO region change settings for radio tuning in 9886. One needs to buy 9886R for this. It also has 3 FM bands == 18FM presets
Old 9th April 2008, 17:30   #29
BHPian

I’ve checked with the Frequency search function as mentioned in the previous post it also jumps only to odd frequencies.

Below is the list of FM radio stations in Bangalore which one can or can’t tune using Alpine HU with no European tuning.

Radio city 91.1MHz- can tune
Radio indigo 91.9 MHz- can tune
Big 92.7 MHz- can tune
S fm93.5 MHz- can tune
Radio one fm94.3 MHz- can tune
Radio mirchi 98.3 MHz- can tune
Fever 104 MHz- Cannot tune
Fm Rainbow 101.3 MHz- Can tune
Vividh Bharati 102.9 MHz- can tune
Gyanvani 105.6 fm MHz- Cannot tune
Amrutavarshini 100.1 MHz- Can tune
Old 9th April 2008, 23:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
I’ve checked with the Frequency search function as mentioned in the previous post it also jumps only to odd frequencies.

Radio indigo 91.9 MHz- can tune
This is all I need to know. cheers:Thanks a lot Limpid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks