Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Help ICE my zen

Hello, Lets get straight to the point. I have a Zen Di and it already has a Pioneer DEH-P5850MPH HeadUnit, a pair of Pioneer tweeters and speakers (Dont ask me the model number, am terrible when it comes to ICE). It also has a Pioneer GM-4000F Amplifier. Now I have a few questions,

1. I believe my HU does support iPod connectivity. Please guide me how to make use of that feature as presently my lens in spoilt so I cannot play mp3.

2. The shop guy tells me that my lens is gone and it cost 2k to get it repaired. Is the lens that expensive? And the problem that made me go to him was that, while I skipped tracks, it hangs or sometimes displays "ERROR". So does just a cleaning help or I need to replace the entire lens?

3. I am a Bass addict and my type of music is hip-hop mostly. Which is a better option to go for? A subwoofer or a Bass Tube? Please guide me with the best option and the price too.

4. I have to go in for a pair of speakers. Coaxials/Components, i have no clue. I was considering the JBL CS or GT5 series. Please guide me as to which pair would me the best solution.

The budget for the subwoofer/bass tube + Speakers can go upto a max of 10k.

PS : For this simple basic setup, is high quality wiring required or the usual wiring which is done in car accesorries shop's sufficient?

Sagar.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:13   #2
BHPian

1. I really dont know, but if it does has Ipod connectivity, you will have to purchase a cable which is 4k I guess.

2. Lens is faulty. Happened with my 5850 too. Should cost around 1.5k.

3. An enclosed Sub-Woofer if you need tight bass (which most of u want, more clarity) or a BassTube for boomy high bass. Audition both before deciding!

4. You will definately settle for a pair components as they are much more better. The others will guide you here.

Prepare to face a stretched budget, as always.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
1. I really dont know, but if it does has Ipod connectivity, you will have to purchase a cable which is 4k I guess.

2. Lens is faulty. Happened with my 5850 too. Should cost around 1.5k.

3. An enclosed Sub-Woofer if you need tight bass (which most of u want, more clarity) or a BassTube for boomy high bass. Audition both before deciding!

4. You will definately settle for a pair components as they are much more better. The others will guide you here.

Prepare to face a stretched budget, as always.
Will check up with the iPod cable. The Lens here I was quoted 2k. So suppose I consider to repair it and buy the cable, maybe approx, 6k. Wouldnt it be better a new HU with Aux in rather?

Now after going through a few threads, I noticed JBL GTO937 to be a nice choice. BTW, the speakers in the car now I believe are local Pioneer speakers. And the budget is already stretched. Sadly.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:23   #4
BHPian

iPod cable is different from Aux-In. The former allows you to charge the iPod while using it, and also shows all your file info (song name etc.) on the HU's display. Aux-In will do neither.

But if you need the 4K hook-up for the iPod (i.e. it doesn't have built-In iPod support), I think you are better off buying a new HU in grey. For 6K you will get a variety of options in Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC etc.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:38   #5
BHPian

For 6k you will not get pioneer along with the cable.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:56   #6
BHPian

DEH-P5850MPH

In the features, I have "iPod® adaptor ready". Now someone help me with that.
Old 21st March 2008, 14:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
For 6k you will not get pioneer along with the cable.
Yes you will - The new 2008 series. In those you don't need that specialized iPod cable. You just hook up using USB with the same cable you use for your PC. The 5050 for example comes for about 6.3K and the 4050 for 5.8K approximately.

"iPod adapter ready" means that you have to buy an adapter (a little box) which comes for 4K (I think). Not worth it at all. especially in your current situation with the lens not working either.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:22   #8
BHPian

Yes, people here do recommend GTO937, and they are truly good. I wood have recommended them if you weren't going for a Subwoofer.
Old 22nd March 2008, 19:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Yes you will - The new 2008 series. In those you don't need that specialized iPod cable. You just hook up using USB with the same cable you use for your PC. The 5050 for example comes for about 6.3K and the 4050 for 5.8K approximately.

"iPod adapter ready" means that you have to buy an adapter (a little box) which comes for 4K (I think). Not worth it at all. especially in your current situation with the lens not working either.
My bad. Guess i'm stuck in 2007!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks