Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 12:52   #16
BHPian

IMO. i think its the whole chain that should be looked at.
For eg: Using very high end cables with Pioneer 6 x9 is totally useless.
So if you have very expensive speakers make sure you have decent cables, decent HU and decent amps as well.What I mean to say is that each part of the chain is as important as the other.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:22   #17
BHPian

According to me, this thread is really not asking anything or answering anything.

As stated earlier, any setup is as good as its weakest link, so obviously upgrading that will make the biggest difference.

Also, the nature of the upgrade will make the most difference. I need not say what a difference it will be if i upgrade from 4" Philips speakers to the 12 Lakh rupee Rainbow reference, all other things remaining the same.

"Biggest difference" is very very subjective, depending upon personal taste, so really there can never be a unanimous opinion about the same.

There really is no debate as no ONE part of a setup is "All" that more important than the other.
Anyways, the OBVIOUS answer would be speakers, amps and HU; the order is anyones guess

Last edited by vikram18 : 31st March 2008 at 13:23.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well IMHO ones EARS makes the difference in sound quality. People still buy Sony even though there are better brands available. They still don't like JBL, Infinity, GZ, Illusion subs compared to Pioneer DVC.

Real Life Examples:
I know a guy who got a Sony setup for Rs 30K. It includes 4" in front, 6x9 in the rear, 1 sony sub + box and 1 4 ch. Sony amplifier. Everything is Sony.

Another guy have 6x9 JBL, Infinity Sub and JBL Amp. Both are using Desi Wirring BOSS wali.

I like the JBL Infinity setup more than Sony but both the other guys feel Sony setup sounds better.

Morale of the story. EARS make a whole lot of difference so on regular intervals clean your EAR WAX with EAR BUD or go to specialized doctor.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_low_flyer View Post
First of all, care to explain what exactly do you mean by these 2 statements?

I've read through many posts by Navin, Sam, Autophile, Gunbir and Deralte. I concur with them that "there are no absolutes in audio". So what hypothetical quantity are you trying to measure/ascertain?

low_flyer
I think both the statments means the same..

GUYS. I am not asking about SQ here. I was not here and the title of the thread is changed and it is absolutely wrong. I never talked about brands. The question to you all is which of the following when changed wheter from sony to DLS , or alpine to Rainbow will make most differnce. I am not talking about bad wires with good speakers or vice-a-versa.

Hope I am clear now.

And I would request the mods to remove Sound Quality from the title as I am not asking that.

Again I am asking which component when changed will make more difference in sound.
  • hu
  • rca
  • amp
  • speaker wire
  • speakers
Old 31st March 2008, 16:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

can someone do something about the thread title
Old 31st March 2008, 18:01   #21
BHPian

lbm as vikram said this thread is really not asking anything.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

GUYS. I am not asking about SQ here.

Hope I am clear now.

Again I am asking which component when changed will make more difference in sound.
You are not asking about sound quality. What exactly do you mean by "more difference"? I'm sorry but you aren't clear at all.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
You are not asking about sound quality. What exactly do you mean by "more difference"? I'm sorry but you aren't clear at all.
OK if we have very good HU (eg P80) along with good rca (monster) along with Good amps (infinity, GZ) and good speaker wires( monster) and (good speakers (Illusion, JBL) then if we change anything from above to a average product which component will make the most difference.

Like sony HU, boss rca, fake alpine amps, local speaker wires, sony speakers.

Which component will affect the sound most ?
Old 31st March 2008, 18:43   #24
BHPian

lbm i think now you should stop having that apply fizz.....

Last edited by zucchero : 31st March 2008 at 18:48.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
OK if we have very good HU (eg P80) along with good rca (monster) along with Good amps (infinity, GZ) and good speaker wires( monster) and (good speakers (Illusion, JBL) then if we change anything from above to a average product which component will make the most difference.

Like sony HU, boss rca, fake alpine amps, local speaker wires, sony speakers.

Which component will affect the sound most ?
The average product, OBVIOUSLY! What exactly is your question again? Why don't you just answer it yourself and end the suspense?
Old 31st March 2008, 19:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ahem, let me play interpreter here.

I think what LBM means to ask is this.

Consider your own system. Whatever you guys have set up in your own car, that you hear on a daily basis and whose sound you are now accustomed to (like the uncessant nagging of your wife or boyfriend).

Now, if you were to hear the same system with one piece of the system's original gear changed, say for example the head unit with an equivalent head unit while retaining the same settings (same EQ, Xover frequencies etc) and at the exact same volume level as the original one, will this be easier to identify as a change than say switching the speakers to a new one? Or will it be harder? Or will you not be able to tell the difference at all? All this without seeing or knowing the change.

So LBM will blindfold you before the test. If you say unpleasant things, he will gag you. If you look like you are still enjoying this, he will undress you.

I hope you guys have understood now. If you havent, dont ask me because I will then tie you up and hand you over to LBM. He has a big woofer.

If you wonder how I interpret this so well, it is because he called me on the phone and asked me this. He also asked me for my vote, i.e. what link of the audio chain would be the easiest for me to detect a change in. I told him my vote goes to the terminal cup on my subwoofer enclosure.

For the uninitiated, Terminal Cup:
Attached Thumbnails
Which (ICE Component) will make the most difference in Sound Quality?-terminal-cup.jpg  

Old 31st March 2008, 22:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
The average product, OBVIOUSLY! What exactly is your question again? Why don't you just answer it yourself and end the suspense?

Ok so you change the rca from a boss one with a monster you can detect the change? Change a local speaker wire of equal gauge with monster you will be able to detect the change?

More to come later.

And there is no suspense to it as I am trying to get views of the member here how they interpret which component play which role.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 31st March 2008 at 22:51.
Old 31st March 2008, 23:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
To me, ICE means more about enjoying the music that I love whenever I have to drive my car.
hats off to you. Very rightly said.

ICE MEANS ENJOYING THE MUSIC
Old 1st April 2008, 00:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thought it would be relevant here. Definitely an interesting read.

Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and coat hangers.

I dont know about these guys but i can feel the difference in sound with monster cable and some other cheap speaker wire.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 1st April 2008 at 00:04.
Old 1st April 2008, 00:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Ok so you change the rca from a boss one with a monster you can detect the change? Change a local speaker wire of equal gauge with monster you will be able to detect the change?

More to come later.
How did you jump from "which component makes most difference" to "will you be able to tell"? I won't use a Boss one, won't ask anyone to, and if someone actually does, will not comment upon it, because I was brought up well AND I will not fiddle with my existing setup, because I do have a life.

Car audio is for LISTENING, seriously, it really is. Without Ajay to diplomatically "decipher" your absolute meaningless threads, you really sound like one of your subs; all thump and NO WORDS! (and to a lot of people, a serious waste of usable space)

This is a heartfelt request. Please post something meaningful or kindly refrain and please avoid telling others that they aren't serious about their audio; it's just plain RUDE!

As for the "more to come later", can't you see, NOBODY is interested!

Last edited by vikram18 : 1st April 2008 at 00:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks