Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 10:31   #1
BHPian

My WagonR(Duo) ICEd - Rs 12800

Hi,

This weekend, I was driving and passing through JC road in Bangalore where there is a line up of the car acc shops. I wanted to ICE my WagonR for some time now, so I just stopped, enquired and got this installed (dint have the patience to wait, do research and then install it ), Guys can some one tell if this was value for money? for Rs 12800. The audio quality was satisfactory for me. But what do experts have to say about it, just curious to know.

Dint have the budget for Amp and Sub he quoted 19000 so settled for this for now, will install the amp and sub later.

Installation - Rs 12800 (Rear Plank Arrangement)

System: Pioneer DEH-P5050UB (50X4 Watts)
Rear Speakers: TS-A6992S (460 Watts)
Front Speakers: TS-G1041R (120 Watts)

Name:  DEHP5050UB.jpg
Views: 6270
Size:  17.0 KB

My WagonR(Duo) ICEd - Rs 12800-tsa6992s.jpg

My WagonR(Duo) ICEd - Rs 12800-tsg1041r.jpg
Old 31st March 2008, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, @someshb! Enjoy your music.

Avoid! Opinions are not going to change the music, it is only going to cause heartburn that you don't need. If you are satisfied with the music, it does not matter what others say. Pioneer is not bad at all, as long as you have got genuine stuff (JC Road shops are not run by 'sadhus').

Instead, try and audition other brands and models in cars - there are many Bangalore TBHPians who would be happy to oblige. This way, over time you will be able to judge for yourself what is lacking in your system and what changes should you make.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Till the time you decide for an upgrade, please don't bother yourself about what others think. You enjoy the music in your car and thats it. Its keeping you happy isn't it ?

When its time for an upgrade, do some research and seek opinions and auditions and then settle for the system that you like.

Enjoy
Old 31st March 2008, 17:44   #4
BHPian

You are missing an amp..try to get one installed and it should be good..
It will not be a bass machine..but will still be a good install.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someshb View Post
Hi,

This weekend, I was driving and passing through JC road in Bangalore where there is a line up of the car acc shops. I wanted to ICE my WagonR for some time now, so I just stopped, enquired and got this installed (dint have the patience to wait, do research and then install it ), Guys can some one tell if this was value for money? for Rs 12800. The audio quality was satisfactory for me. But what do experts have to say about it, just curious to know.

Dint have the budget for Amp and Sub he quoted 19000 so settled for this for now, will install the amp and sub later.

Installation - Rs 12800 (Rear Plank Arrangement)

System: Pioneer DEH-P5050UB (50X4 Watts)
Rear Speakers: TS-A6992S (460 Watts)
Front Speakers: TS-G1041R (120 Watts)

Attachment 4684

Attachment 4685

Attachment 4686
Your install is perfect if your budget is strictly within 15K . The 6X9 can put out some good bass but a sub will definitely add depth to your sound.
Old 3rd August 2008, 12:44   #6
BHPian

hi smesh,

does the HU support direct interfacing with ipod?
even i am planning to get my wagonr iced at around 12k with HU and front comps. later would add amp and subs. any suggestions?
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

You are happy with the audio quality and that is what matter. Enjoy!!

Start worrying only when you decide to upgrade.
Old 3rd August 2008, 17:04   #8
BHPian

If you are happy with the sound and the money spent, never log on to TeamBHP ICE section again
Old 3rd August 2008, 17:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Correction: If you want to remain happy with the sound and the money spent, never log on to TeamBHP ICE section again
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha. Very wise commandment there GH!
Old 4th August 2008, 01:35   #11
BANNED

Some ICE plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post

does the HU support direct interfacing with ipod?
even i am planning to get my wagonr iced at around 12k with HU and front comps. later would add amp and subs. any suggestions?
Almost every HU in Pioneer's 2008 range has USB support.

In a 12k budget, I would suggest you to spend 6k on HU and 6k on front components.

Or if you have some good patience and can do the ICEing in 3 stages (length of the stages will depend on your budget), then do the following.
Stage 1: Buy the best HU your budget can buy (9-10k) Eg. Alpine 9880/81, Pioneer 6050 etc.. With the balance, buy coaxial speakers (2-2.5k). Why no compos at this stage? Because, if you buy compos now, you'll have to get some good damping also to enjoy them to it's good. And that's going to cost money.
Stage 2: Buy the best compos you can afford (9k) Rainbow Slx, Illusion electra, Hertz energy, JBL power series etc... Do the front door damping with noisekill or so (2-3k). Move the coaxials to the rear. Power all the speakers from the HU for now.
Stage 3: Buy a good 4channel amp (5-7k) and a Sub in a sealed box (5-7k). Get good wiring(2-3k). Damp the boot. Power the front components and sub from the amp and coaxials from the Hu.
By now, you'd have a complete ICE setup with some moderately good equipment and quality install rather than rushing thru and getting entry level equipment.

Good lucks and happy ICEing!
Old 27th May 2009, 23:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

Or if you have some good patience and can do the ICEing in 3 stages (length of the stages will depend on your budget), then do the following.
Stage 1: Buy the best HU your budget can buy (9-10k) Eg. Alpine 9880/81, Pioneer 6050 etc.. With the balance, buy coaxial speakers (2-2.5k). Why no compos at this stage? Because, if you buy compos now, you'll have to get some good damping also to enjoy them to it's good. And that's going to cost money.
Stage 2: Buy the best compos you can afford (9k) Rainbow Slx, Illusion electra, Hertz energy, JBL power series etc... Do the front door damping with noisekill or so (2-3k). Move the coaxials to the rear. Power all the speakers from the HU for now.
Stage 3: Buy a good 4channel amp (5-7k) and a Sub in a sealed box (5-7k). Get good wiring(2-3k). Damp the boot. Power the front components and sub from the amp and coaxials from the Hu.
By now, you'd have a complete ICE setup with some moderately good equipment and quality install rather than rushing thru and getting entry level equipment.

Good lucks and happy ICEing!
i just followed this advise!

Have bought alpine 9884. but its just lying around for 2 months, as i was not sure whether i should go with your suggestions or directly buy comps for fronts. in case i manage to get 10k, will go for comps else will buy coaxials. waiting for next weekend for salary
Old 28th May 2009, 01:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

good stuff.. enjoy the music.
come back and post here, if you need to upgrade. till then, be happy and drive around without worrying about what you could've got, or what you didn't get.
:-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks