Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 09:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Blau over Sony? Any day!

I think a mic should be there in the box. You could check with Blau directly (the India website has a list of dealers in India) whether there is mic included or needs to be purchased separately. Otherwise, in the TBHP Marketplace, there is a Hamburg on sale in Delhi, I think - you could check with the seller.
Well the update is that I have decided to buy the Hamburg HU after all!

This decision formed more out a lack of options than my inclination towards Blaupunkt. But I hope the Hamburg one is worth every rupee.

The dealer suggested a pair of Kenwood KSC M-1628A 3 way speakers to go with it (I can only afford a pair now). But can you please suggest if these would do justice to the Hamburg - please keep in mind that I listen to music at low and moderate volumes?
Old 11th April 2008, 17:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
... But I hope the Hamburg one is worth every rupee.
... (I can only afford a pair now). ...
Should be worth the price you pay.

I haven't had the opportunity of listening to those Alpines, but would expect them to be not comparable to having components. Since you are buying a good HU, one would recommend that you have at least components in front. The rears can either come later, or be lower cost coax.

Why don't you look at Blau / JBL / Hertz speakers instead? Their budget speakers are better than the run of the mill Alpine or Pioneer.

What is your budget, btw?
Old 12th April 2008, 20:35   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Should be worth the price you pay.

I haven't had the opportunity of listening to those Alpines, but would expect them to be not comparable to having components. Since you are buying a good HU, one would recommend that you have at least components in front. The rears can either come later, or be lower cost coax.

Why don't you look at Blau / JBL / Hertz speakers instead? Their budget speakers are better than the run of the mill Alpine or Pioneer.

What is your budget, btw?
The budget is not much - so have installed the Kenwood speakers. They dont sound much - but thats all i can afford right now.

Maybe later, I will transfer them to the rear door, and install some good ones in the front door. Speaking of which, how are the Blaupunkt IN-Car series speakers?

However, my objective has been fulfilled - the hands-free option works superbly - the caller's sound comes clear and loud through the speakers, and the caller can hear me well too

Just 1 thing frustates me about the HU - while scanning for FM channels, it skips my fav ones. When i try to manually set a channel, it moves forward by .20 MH (for example, if I want the 95 MH channel, the HU comes to 94.90 and then goes to 95.10, therby skipping 95 MH ) - any help in that section?
Old 16th April 2008, 14:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post

Just 1 thing frustates me about the HU - while scanning for FM channels, it skips my fav ones. When i try to manually set a channel, it moves forward by .20 MH (for example, if I want the 95 MH channel, the HU comes to 94.90 and then goes to 95.10, therby skipping 95 MH ) - any help in that section?
I think that FM tuner is set to North American region. If you go through the manual, there will be a description of how to change the tuner region - select the European tuning. This can be done with the help of the combination of headunit button presses as given in the manual.

- skb.
Old 17th April 2008, 09:53   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I think that FM tuner is set to North American region. If you go through the manual, there will be a description of how to change the tuner region - select the European tuning. This can be done with the help of the combination of headunit button presses as given in the manual.

- skb.
Thanks, I will try it out - hope it works.

Any feedback on the Blaupunkt IC122 speakers - compared to the Kenwood ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks