Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 04:56   #1

Can you help me find a good system?

HI, i have about $750-1000 american dollars to spend on a sound system. I dont know a ton about car audio but I think that i want an amp, speakers, subs, in dash deck that supports ipods, but i dont know what else would be good. Good you guys suggest what to get with the budget ive got. Im interested in the brands Pioneer, Alpine or kenwood. Any suggestions will help. Thanks.
Old 20th April 2008, 13:33   #2
BHPian

Bro,,, there are many good reviews of this American brand here,,,, Illusion Audio,,, since you are in the US why not give them a call and see if they have a dealer near you,,,
Old 20th April 2008, 17:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosHog View Post
HI, i have about $750-1000 american dollars to spend on a sound system. I dont know a ton about car audio but I think that i want an amp, speakers, subs, in dash deck that supports ipods, but i dont know what else would be good. Good you guys suggest what to get with the budget ive got. Im interested in the brands Pioneer, Alpine or kenwood. Any suggestions will help. Thanks.

The brands you have mentioned are good only in HU's and to some extent, amplifiers IMHO.

there are alot of good brands available in india like illusion/id/rainbow/dls/jbl etc etc. do look around.

cheers
clip
Old 21st April 2008, 01:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

If you are in the US I would look at Crutchfiled's online catalog. If you are looking at brands that are more esoteric than those found there check out the Car Audio forums. Brands like DLS, Rainbow, Image Dynamics, Audison, Steg, etc.. will be found there.

Team-BHP is a forum that mostly based in India. Thanks to some very aggresive marketing a few brands like Illusion and Hertz that are not as well (as the brands seen in Crutchfield or on the Car Audio forums) distributed in the US are often recommended here. Both Hertz and Illusion make good products but finding them in the US might prove diffcult.
Old 21st April 2008, 02:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
there are alot of good brands available in india like illusion/id/rainbow/dls/jbl etc etc. do look around.
I think he lives in North Olmsted which is not in india
Old 25th April 2008, 21:51   #6
BHPian

where will you install ???

Sir,

There are many many on line sellers;

However, where will you install the gear ?

Which car is it for ?

Do you need a HU too ?

What is the config you would like ?

Componets in front ? Components in the back ?
6 X 9's in the back ? Sub woofer ? How many amps ?

You will need to give us some details & the 'big boys' here will suggest options to you.
I personally prefer to use woofersetc.com great products & nice prices.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks