Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 18:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

New prices would be appreciated!!

Also, just curious why you didnt go for a 4 channel amp instead of two 2 channel amps?
Old 6th May 2008, 22:09   #32
BHPian

Pio 4050UB is around 6K. The price of new JBL A402 2ch amp is somewhat 4.5K here. Both amps I got in some deals, Blau PA275 from JK and JBL from another source. I never expected this much devices and budget, but done it as I got some deals/exchanges and thats the reason for 2 seperate amps instead of a 4ch amp. Also I believe a seperate amp for sub is better than a combined amp and would have gone with it even if I budgeted for amps. But driving the rear co-axial from HU only (as I got 2 ch amp) is OK in my concept and experience. They still act as a good fillers at rear and for me that is enough. Man, time to put full stop. I am more than satisfied and this is beyond my needs and what me and my car can hold . Anyway have put some buffer for good damping and some good cables. Waiting for it to be done asap.
Old 8th May 2008, 00:31   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Pio 4050UB is around 6K. The price of new JBL A402 2ch amp is somewhat 4.5K here. Both amps I got in some deals, Blau PA275 from JK and JBL from another source. I never expected this much devices and budget, but done it as I got some deals/exchanges and thats the reason for 2 seperate amps instead of a 4ch amp. Also I believe a seperate amp for sub is better than a combined amp and would have gone with it even if I budgeted for amps. But driving the rear co-axial from HU only (as I got 2 ch amp) is OK in my concept and experience. They still act as a good fillers at rear and for me that is enough. Man, time to put full stop. I am more than satisfied and this is beyond my needs and what me and my car can hold . Anyway have put some buffer for good damping and some good cables. Waiting for it to be done asap.

Hi Redfire, I am mostly at a point where you started off. I am now looking to add a Sub and an Amp to this setup of mine:

HU: Pio 6950 (has 3 output pairs)
Front: JBL GTO607C Components (same as yours)
Rear: Alpine 6x9 (pretty old, ~ 9yrs, but sound fine, not looking to replace them yet)

Now with a budget of about 10 k I want to add a subwoofer (and 1/2 amps as necessitated by need of balance between sub and front comps)

The Blau sub you have looks like a good bet from the discussion - can easily audition it at a Blau store nearby. But it is the choice of amp which I need to make more than the sub now:

1. 2 channel amp purely for sub?
2. 4 channel amp - 2 channels driving front comps and 2 driving the sub
3. 2 amps, 2 channel each - one driving comps and other driving sub

I am the exclusive driver of my car so spend all the time in the front. That suggests I need not power the rear speakers through an amp. Plus in this budget I dont think I can afford 2 separate amps and get a balance of sound between front and rear.

That probably leaves me with option #2. So any suggestions for a 4 channel amps? Moreover, does this plan sound fine?

Thanks
Old 8th May 2008, 12:28   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charu85 View Post
HU: Pio 6950 (has 3 output pairs)
Front: JBL GTO607C Components (same as yours)
Rear: Alpine 6x9 (pretty old, ~ 9yrs, but sound fine, not looking to replace them yet)

Now with a budget of about 10 k I want to add a subwoofer
1. 2 channel amp purely for sub?
2. 4 channel amp - 2 channels driving front comps and 2 driving the sub
for 10K you'd have to get a 2 ch amp (3K) and a sub (6K with box). a 4 ch amp itself will cost you 6K+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks