Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Alpine Imprint Technology

Hi Guru's,
Finally zeroed in on a Alpine 9884 HU for my Corolla and intend to install it over the weekend. Dont know any good installer in Delhi but hope to find out - any guidance here will be of great help.

So to go with the HU I have the below equipment which I pulled out of my Honda City/ my store room. Not neccessary that I need to put everything in.
1. Kicker 200.4 amp
2. Fusion 6001 Monoblock
3. Fusion 2 way components
4. Fusion Active Cross Over
5. Fusion 12 inch Sub
6. Kenwood 5 channel EQ
7. 6 inch Fusion Co-axials - Cant use these as the rear on the Toyota can take in 6 x 9 only.

I intend to pick up a pair of Coaxials for the back.
I also intend to upgrade in a few months by adding a PXA - H100 (Imprint processor) - waiting for my incentives.

Need advise on
1. If I upgrade with PXA H-100, will I need a Active cross over? Doesnt the HU itself have the capability. I will also be picking up the callibaration software.
2. Just a thought - how about removing the passive Cross Overs from the Component and powering the tweeters directly from the HU - or do you think a 2 channel amp is required. If yes -any VFM ones you can reccomend
3. For this set up - which co-axials do you reccomend? I find the Polk attractive at the about 5k and sounds good too.
4. Any Guruji in Delhi who can spare some time over any of the weekends to help me tune up the car and give me some gyan on ICE. Will be very very greatful.

This is a self driven Car
I listen to a whole range of Music but mostly Dire Straits, Flloyd and Sting
Listen at medium Volume
Use the ipod extensivly
Apreciate the Mids and Lows more than the highs.
Dont want to make cut/modify pannels etc.

Looking forward to your assistance
Old 11th June 2008, 11:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is your location Delhi or Bangalore ?
Old 11th June 2008, 13:43   #3
BHPian

If you are indeed in Delhi you can contact DRIVEN in East of kailash or contact Autophile/Gunbir our forum gurus whom you could also bump into at Driven. They are the finest in the business.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Is your location Delhi or Bangalore ?
Recently relocated to Gurgaon, Not sure if there are good installers in Gurgaon. Had met up with one Mr.Batra who seemed to have a fair understanding but still not sure.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi, if you want to know about good installers, you can head over to this thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-g...larations.html
Its currently in the process of being upgraded, and you can PM the people there once you finalize.
I presume you would want to reuse your existing equipment mostly, right? From your list it appears that you don't really need to buy much except for rear 6x9 and a 4ch amp.
As far as installers are concerned, its a personal preference of people and you can browse threads on this forum to decide what all you want.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I presume you would want to reuse your existing equipment mostly, right? From your list it appears that you don't really need to buy much except for rear 6x9 and a 4ch amp..
Yes - I would like to use most of the stuff, I already have a 4 channel Kicker.
Any idea on the performance of Alpine speakers?
Old 11th June 2008, 16:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Which model of Alpine speakers are you considering? Some of them are quite good.
Old 11th June 2008, 22:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Which model of Alpine speakers are you considering? Some of them are quite good.
Dont know much about Alpine speakers, any reccomendations? am looking for 6x9 full range for the rear
Old 12th June 2008, 10:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Alpine has a Type S 6x9 for about 4.7K. You could also consider JBL (GTO 937), Blaupunkt (ODx, THx), Infinity, Ground Zero, Hertz, Polk db, etc. Do audition them before taking a buying decision.

Last edited by DerAlte : 12th June 2008 at 10:22.
Old 12th June 2008, 10:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Alpine has a Type S 6x9 for about 4.7K. You could also consider JBL (GTO 937), Blaupunkt (ODx, THx), Infinity, Ground Zero, Hertz, Polk db, etc. Do audition them before taking a buying decision.
I paid 8000 for Alpine 6x9 speakers a year back, I am not sure whether it is S type or R type. I do not know whether that was the right price or I was taken for a ride. But I was cheated with the Pioneer front speakers at same shop, Auto Planet, Koramangala.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 12th June 2008 at 10:48.
Old 7th July 2008, 10:27   #11
BHPian

Hello Gurus
I have an alpine 9887 Head unit & was plannng to have the imprint Software.
I would like to know the following things ( considering that I have very limited knowledge of ICE )

1 : How does the IMPRINT SOFTWARE work ?
2: Do you need anything else to have the software( like any interface or calibratin software etc ...)
3: I was quoted Rs 12 k by Rajesh.khanna - final Touch -juhu Tara road) for the same.

Do I need to know anything WRT to the IMPRINT SOFTWARE & is the price justified for the same??

Mods : If at all these points have beed discussed else where in the forum, I would request you to merge this with it, though I was unable to find any.

Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks