Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 15:38   #1
BANNED

Upgrading stock Alpine system with Amp and subwoofer in my NHC

Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my Alpine stock system in NHC VTEC, by adding a amplifier and subwoofer of Alpine.

Has any VTEC owner done that? I do not want this car to go to a local vendor hence this will be done by an ALPINE store in South Ex delhi. What i am looking for is the suggestions on which amp and subwoofer to add.

If some NHC VTEC owner has already done that, would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
Udit
Old 12th June 2008, 16:58   #2

I have a honda city GXi with a JBL setup. You can check the details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ity-jbled.html

As far as installer is concerned, I think your car dealer can do the installation too. But the general opinion is that car dealers are not good at such stuff. So when it comes to installation quality, make sure that the installer of your choice is good at installing ICE. According to me the worst thing to happen to ICE is a bad install rather than a bad configuration. We do have some good people out here who can help out with that.

By the way, have to auditioned other brands before deciding on Alpine?
Old 12th June 2008, 17:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
Has any VTEC owner done that? I do not want this car to go to a local vendor hence this will be done by an ALPINE store in South Ex delhi.

If some NHC VTEC owner has already done that, would appreciate the feedback.
Well, that's eactly what I was thinking when I went to the Alpine showroom (Eouth Ext.) with my Cedia to replace the stock speakers

It turned out that I was horribly mistaken about the degree of professional knowledge and quality of workmanship. A brief list of the installation goof-ups that I had to face:

1. They used pliers to cut holes in the crossover covers of a Rs.18,000 component speaker set (purchased from them) in order to mount them.
2. On top of this, they mounted the crossovers inside the front door cavity where they were exposed to rainwater that could potential lead to rusting/ short-circuits.
3. They charged me a bomb for 2 tiny sheets of Dynamat that barely covered the bottom portion of the doors (1 layer on the inside ONLY, mind it)
4. They cut holes in my door panels to install the tweeters without testing other locations. Luckily for me, that was close to the location where best sound was obtained, else I would have been stuck with it forever.

Being a newbie I had no clue as to how I was being taken for a ride, at the time of installation. I discovered all this by visiting a LOCAL VENDOR as you describe it, in this case - Driven, at EOK, New Delhi. They reinstalled my crossovers correctly, and also did a great job of subsequently installing my amplifier and head unit. I'm pretty impressed with them and would recommend them over the Alpine showroom any day.

Quote:
What i am looking for is the suggestions on which amp and subwoofer to add.
There are many brands available at several price points - please try to listen to as many setups before freezing on what you'd like. Again, here it makes sense to visit an installer who keeps several brands to maximise your choice.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:36   #4
BANNED

Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ity-jbled.html
Old 12th June 2008, 17:37   #5
BANNED

oh... can you give me full address of Driven in East of Kailash. i plan to upgrade my WagonR system too. another thread is there for the same
Old 12th June 2008, 17:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Udit, Please PM Gunbir for details on Driven
Old 12th June 2008, 17:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hi Udit, Please PM Gunbir for details on Driven
Is Gunbir back on the forum ?

Driven is located on your left when you go from Moolchand to Nehru Place. Just after you cross TSF (the supper factory) and just before "Big Apple"
Old 12th June 2008, 18:52   #8
BANNED

cool, i shall visit them and try. Hope the rates are decent, my recent esteem upgrade was done by Elegant, Lajpat nagar and it was decent.
Old 12th June 2008, 19:25   #9
BHPian

Sorry, double post (20 characters)

Last edited by Flying Bong : 12th June 2008 at 19:36.
Old 12th June 2008, 19:31   #10
BHPian

Sorry, double post (20 characters)

Last edited by Flying Bong : 12th June 2008 at 19:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks