Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:41   #1

Pioneer 3090 UB issues

Have installed a pioneer 3090 UB (With Warranty from radiowarehouse,chennai) .
A couple of questions

1) The output from the front speakers is very low compared to the back speakers . front speakers are pioneer 2-way fitted in the provision provided in the i10 doors . The speakers were a bit small , so they fitted it with a round piece of wood and attached it to the door .
The rear speakers are on a plank , which was attached by radiowarehouse and is a 3 way speaker . The output and effect from the rear is really good , but the front is bad .
After adjusting front/read levels to give higher level to front , it is audible , but rear loses it s effect .

what could the cause of this be ? wiring ? settings in the HU ? quality of speakers

another other thing seems to be the positioning of the speakers in the front door . The i10 has perforated provision , but i feel that might be adding to the reduction in noise . Checked speakers in a friends car and the speakers were fitted with a casing of the speakers itself protruding out .

2) after setting the front/rear volume option to get more output from the front . once i restart the HU , the settings are no longer valid and i have to reset all audio settings again . is this how it works or is there a way of saving the audio settings ?

3) using the USB option , it seems some folders are skipped while browsing through the folders using the up/down joystick . i had the folders named 70s,80s,90s for songs of that era , but these folders were skipped . it would go something like folder number 23 to folder number 49 .

4) Mythbuster : does using the joystick on the HU reduce its life ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartron View Post
... pioneer 3090 UB (With Warranty from radiowarehouse,chennai) . ...
2) after setting the front/rear volume option to get more output from the front . once i restart the HU , the settings are no longer valid and i have to reset all audio settings again . is this how it works or is there a way of saving the audio settings ?
4) Mythbuster : does using the joystick on the HU reduce its life?
@kartron, it would be better if you are able to give more information - like speaker model numbers and sizes etc.

No, using the joystick will not reduce the life of the HU - it has been provided so that it is used.

Looks like your HU may not be wired correctly. There is one wire which is always connected to battery, so that the HU is always powered and hence retains settings such as time, last value of balance, fader, tone controls etc. Another wire, which is the wire coming through the starter switch in the steering column, is used to start / stop the HU functions. If the first wire is not connected, the HU will forget its settings and all parameters will be reset to default values / settings.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:11   #3
BHPian

Radiowarehouse is one of the worst installers in chennai. They have been up for a long time but they guy in the store does not know anything. And the installation is very ordinary. You need to be lucky to get a decent install. Some shops in GP road do a much better install than them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartron View Post
After adjusting front/read levels to give higher level to front , it is audible , but rear loses it s effect .
what could the cause of this be ? wiring ? settings in the HU ? quality of speakers
Using Fader should not cause the speaker to loose effect. The effect will be there at higher volumes than it was before. Maybe the speakers are bad. What is the model and size of the front speakers??
Quote:
another other thing seems to be the positioning of the speakers in the front door . The i10 has perforated provision , but i feel that might be adding to the reduction in noise . Checked speakers in a friends car and the speakers were fitted with a casing of the speakers itself protruding out .
Perforation is not an issue at all. In my car all the speakers/tweeters are behind stock grills and I get good sound.
Quote:
3) using the USB option , it seems some folders are skipped while browsing through the folders using the up/down joystick . i had the folders named 70s,80s,90s for songs of that era , but these folders were skipped . it would go something like folder number 23 to folder number 49 .
Are they sub-folders?? If a folder has sub-folders, then there will be a small right arrow indicating it on the display near the bottom. For example, if you have the folders 70,80,90 inside a folder called songs, then when you browse songs, you should press right to access these sub folders. If you continue pressing up/down it will go to the next folder in the same level from root.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks