Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 00:03   #31
BHPian

Ravi: Read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html

Trust me, you will find almost all answers in our forum. Its an awesome place to learn. But as learners what we can do is search for it. If we dont find it, then ask in forum.

This will help us reduce repetition. Also you would learn more with existing threads as some people just dont have the time to reply again as they have already explained in some thread.

Just helping, dont take me in the wrong sense.
Old 28th June 2008, 04:34   #32
BHPian

Ravi, afaik, noone in hyd does dampening. So if you are eager, you need to drive down to Blore or Mum or DIY.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

There are plenty of installation pics which show damping ('dampening' means making something wet with water) in progress. Get the material from other cities and get it done from a mechanic who can open the door pads. It is a simple strip & stick process which anyone can figure out if they see the pics.

Last edited by DerAlte : 28th June 2008 at 11:52.
Old 28th June 2008, 12:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
('dampening' means making something wet with water)
Now you're damping the poor guy's spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
It is a simple strip & stick process which anyone can figure out if they see the pics.
Yes - cut to size, peel, stick and then roll it with pressure to make sure it has clung to the surface properly over the entire area.
Old 28th June 2008, 12:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Ravi, afaik, noone in hyd does dampening. So if you are eager, you need to drive down to Blore or Mum or DIY.
Hyd has a Sprocket store, I thnk they would have Dynamat
Old 28th June 2008, 15:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there are many extensive reports on damping and number of brands and prices available in the market in our threads. Just use the search function, you will be amazed at the number of posts and pictures on any topic !

Dynamat is costly compared to many other brands available in India, being imported from US and the brand value created by professionals (if you watch 'Overhauling' on travel & living channel you would understand what I mean !). So make enough comparison before deciding on one.
Old 28th June 2008, 15:17   #37
BHPian

Thanks to all. Now, I am much more comfortable at deciding what I need. Definitely will go through the threads provided. cheers:
Old 28th June 2008, 20:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
no spinx there are enough shops in Hyderabad who do damping, the Pitstop, and a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hyd has a Sprocket store, I thnk they would have Dynamat
well yes gunbirji, the sprocket here is not all that good, he gets the stock only once in a while and if we are lucky we find it there, the shopkeeper does not take the pain of getting the stock when ordered thats that, so sprocket is very poor here, except for having reasonably good installers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yes, there are many extensive reports on damping and number of brands and prices available in the market in our threads. Just use the search function, you will be amazed at the number of posts and pictures on any topic !

Dynamat is costly compared to many other brands available in India, being imported from US and the brand value created by professionals (if you watch 'Overhauling' on travel & living channel you would understand what I mean !). So make enough comparison before deciding on one.
thanks for the info mate i will make it a point watch that channel from now on, and my damping is long pending, and might take a little more time so will start doing to home work too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks