Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 16:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tel mute in kdc-mp4026v

Hello guruji,

My car have hu kenwood kdc-mp4026v with all kenwood speakers.
two speakers in dash, two rear 6/9 speakers 3 way coaxial, nippon vdo sreen at top.
Manual of hu shows that there is tele mute system. it reads as-
the audio system automatically mutes when a call comes in. CALL is displayed and the audio system pauses. when the call ends , hang up the phone, the CALL display disappears, system comes back on.
the connection diagram shows one brown coloured wire coming out of harness with instruction to connect to the terminal that is grounded when either telephone rings or during conversation.
in troubleshooting guide, it has been mentioned that if tele mute function does not work, reason may tele mute wire not connected properly. if tele mute function turns ON even though the tele mute wire is not connected,
reason may tele mute wire may be touching metal part of car.
this is all information given in manual.

My question is how to make this tele mute connection. In my town. no mechanic has idea about this.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

You need an aftermarket handsfree kit from Nokia etc. that kit will have a music mute cable that will connect to your stereos tel mute wire.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hello gunbir,
Thanks for your quick reply. I have nokia mobile with hands free kit, i mean that wired earphone sort connected to mobile usally comes with mobile pack. Which type of hands free kit required other than that i mentioned?
Old 1st July 2008, 23:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nah, you need a proper car handsfree kit like this one...

Nokia India - Overview - Car kits - Car solutions - All accessories - Accessories - Find products
Old 1st July 2008, 23:47   #5
nitin.dangayach

Your phone does not have in built bluetooth capabilities. You need to get an external Bluetooth Adapter, as suggested by Gunbir.

Old 2nd July 2008, 10:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

my mobile model is nokia 6255. it has built in bluetooth.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Your phone does not have in built bluetooth capabilities. You need to get an external Bluetooth Adapter, as suggested by Gunbir.
Nitin, may I please request you to first understand the topic at hand before doling out advice. We would like the original poster to get solutions here, not confusion. I did NOT suggest to him an external Bluetooth adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
my mobile model is nokia 6255. it has built in bluetooth.
Ashish, The kit I suggested is a Car Handsfree Kit. Your Bluetooth phone will pair to it and all your contact list will be sync'd to the handsfree. The Handsfree Kit will have a speaker, a mic, a small screen and a control unit.

When you get a call, the Handsfree screen will show the details like caller name and number. To accept the call, you don't even have to touch your phone. Just accept the call from the Handsfree control and you can now talk and drive without fiddling with your phone.

The Handsfree kit has a stereo mute wire which will connect to your stereo's tel mute input. Now whenever you make or receive calls from the handsfree, your stereo will be automatically muted.
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gunbir.
Now i got the solution.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:05   #9
BHPian

If you had Pioneer HU you could have connected Pioneer CD BTB to your system. I did that few days back Costed me 7.5K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks