Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 14:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

If u've bought the amp recently, I would suggest returning it back to the dealer with a stern warning for putting a "topi" on you.
Today, a 6300F costs lesser than the 7k u've quoted,man.
Old 4th July 2008, 20:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. compare the setting on the Pio HU vs the Alpine HU, if the Pio had a bass boost while the Alpine was set to flat there would be a difference.
2. to me it seems that the amp is a bit under powered for the sub.
I tried all the settings in the alpine but the pioneer HU sounded awesome compared to the stock HU.
Hmm i think testing the system with a more powerful amp is a worth a try, thanks Navin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Congrats buddy on your new ICE upgrade and why pioneer sub? (could have tried Kenwood if not JBL) as everyone else pointed they are good for HU alone, however if you are satisfied then the above is nullified . Have fun and enjoy the upgrade.

Thanks maverick, regarding Pioneer products i think brand loyalty ( I have a pioneer P5500 HU with Round 6" speakers still going strong since last 12.5yrs. in my Tata Sierra) but i guess they make em like they use to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
[b]
I happened to get this pio amp GM 4000F and pio 1000 watt sub from a friend. When i tried to fix the amp, i found out that the HU didnt have RCA outs. So, i connected the rear and front speaker output of the HU to the amp, then i connected the 4 speakers to 2 channels and the other 2 channels were bridged and the sub was connected.

So the left channel of the amp powers the left front and rear speakers. The right channel of the amp powers the right front and rear speakers. Other 2 channel in bridged mode powers the sub.

Will check the settings buddy, thanks for the diagram , that'll help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
If u've bought the amp recently, I would suggest returning it back to the dealer with a stern warning for putting a "topi" on you.
Today, a 6300F costs lesser than the 7k u've quoted,man.
i checked the cost from the 2008 pioneer brochure.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th July 2008 at 20:38. Reason: edit within 15 mts
Old 14th July 2008, 22:47   #18
BHPian

hi guys,

i needed a little info that do Component speakers even sound good when not connected to an Amp? i need to install them in the front.

I have connected my Amp to my Sub woofer and Rear speakers so now no input jacks left.

Thanks.
Old 14th July 2008, 23:45   #19
BHPian

Switch over,Get the amp to power the compo's instead of the rear speakers,better sound stage and will make much more sense
Old 15th July 2008, 11:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Switch over,Get the amp to power the compo's instead of the rear speakers,better sound stage and will make much more sense
Sounds good, will try that definitely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks